Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
stefanklm

Reged: 07/25/12
everything fits ARS to perfectly, including CBC
      #264879 - 07/25/12 12:28 PM

hello,

I (male) am in south america atm and had 2 risk situations with 2 women (18.05.2012 and 23.06.2012), unprotected vaginal and oral intercourse.

on 10.07.2012 I suddenly felt tiredness and fatigue, at night I had light fever.
the next morning I didnt feel better and I also had sore throat and fever of 38° Celsius.
at night the fever rose to 39°, I felt like I wanted to puke and I felt like I was in "delirium". I took 2 halves of a ibuprofen 800 retard pill. I had a stiff neck (couldnt use a pillow). I didnt have continuing diarreah, but my stomach was "working" and it produced a lot of "gas". also I felt pressure behind the eyes, which were sensitive to movement.

in the middle of the night the fever was suddenly gone, only the sweating continued and lasted further nights.
the next morning I felt a lot better, no fever but still sore throat which lasted for a couple of more days. I was still k.o. and had developed tinea versicolor "rash" on both upper arms. all the symptoms were gone after a few days except for loss of appetite and a general feeling of being unwell and the night sweats on some nights.

on 12.07.2012, one day after the fever was gone I went to the hospital and got a blood count done. the lymphocytes were at 14,2% K/uL, thrombocytes (platelets) at 155 K/uL and monocytes at 10,5 % but the leukocytes in general were normal.

the next day they took a second blood count and the numbers normalized, except for the lymphocytes, which were at 21 % still too low. the doctor said it was a virus infection but ruled out dengue, which is pretty common in south america.
I havent had a fever in years and am asking myself what else it could be except for ARS. I didnt have a real cough nor a runny nose and only 2 days for a flu is way too short... so obviously i am thinking of ARS (2,5 weeks and 7 weeks after the risk situations).

now I am waiting to take the test...

what do you make of this? can you think of any other viral infection with the same symptoms? I would be glad for any input you guys can give me.

I have a really really bad feeling about this, it all fits ARS too perfectly.

thanks a lot!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: everything fits ARS to perfectly, including CBC new
      #264882 - 07/25/12 12:54 PM

You asked if there were any other viruses that fit the symptoms so here you go:

Flu
West Nile
Mono
Ebv
Chicken pox
Measles
Mumps
SARS
Sari
Malaria
Common cold
Sepsis
Meningitis
Hep a,b,c
Rabies
Food poisoning
Lyme
Myocarditis
Q fever

The list goes on and on. So yup you can pinpoint it down to HIV infection based on symptoms of a flu like illness after you are able to rule out the hundreds of other illnesses that cause the same exact symptoms.

I'm sure you are gonna sex but I had sex then got sick. Well played in the rain once and got chicken pox the next week. I guess the rain did it.

thebird1959
Regular

Reged: 06/22/12
Loc: Alabama
Re: everything fits ARS to perfectly, including CBC new
      #264899 - 07/25/12 10:45 PM

Only way that you'll really know is by getting tested. You'll drive yourself crazy looking up symptoms on the internet. And, next time wear a condom! Wish you the best.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1872

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3