Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Manuxx

Reged: 07/23/12
HIV Testing - Scarred
      #264834 - 07/23/12 08:37 PM

I'm from Argentina, please excuse me for my bad english. I'm really worried about HIV, I had a risk exposure about 4 years ago. Vaginal penetration with a CSW, my condom broke and I continued about 30 seconds unnoticed. I took PEP (3tc for 28 days) and a test at 3 months post exposure, as it was negative (the doctor said it was almost sure that I wasn't infected). I didn't worried about it and didn't take any further test at that time. Since 2 weeks ago, when I started worring so much for this issue, so I took a new test (MEIA 4° Generation) it came back as NON-REACTIVE.
1. Can I trust this negative result or should I take a new one to confirm the negative?
2. Is there any possibilities of a false negative almost 4 years after the last risk exposure?
3. I read from the internet that there's a 0,5% chance of a false negative. Does it apply for 4° Generation Tests? And years after the exposure?

Thank you!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sherezade
Master

Reged: 03/28/12
Re: HIV Testing - Scarred new
      #264837 - 07/23/12 10:03 PM

As I told you in the spanish forum, there's not such a thing as "false negatives" after the window period, which is three months. Thinking of HIV after a negative result at four years, is just ridiculous. Don't worry, just don't put yourself in risk anymore.

kevinsheppard

Reged: 06/19/12
Re: HIV Testing - Scarred new
      #264880 - 07/25/12 12:28 PM

A test compteted at three mths excludes you from haveing hiv. Meaning if the result was neg than so are you. Four years waitinging is crazy dont fall into the woorry well position live life and make better choices to preotect yourself and others if you plan to be sexually active. Cover it up!

Enjoy your Neg llfe

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1160

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3