Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
rayk12345

Reged: 07/10/12
Possible Exposure
      #264832 - 07/23/12 06:10 PM

I met with a stripper and had unprotected vaginal insertion for about 15-20 seconds and I'm very scared now. This is my 4th week

The symptoms of body aches,tiredness,neckpain,headache ( all severe) started around 5 days after my exposure. Have my lymph nodes under the chin swollen after a week. I still feel so tired and restless. My Doctor checked after 10 days of exposure and told me not to worry and he gave me Xanax for anxiety. I had all tests negative at 10 days.Also after 2 weeks of exposure I have diarrhea, Oral thrush. I never had high temperatures. This is my 4th week and I'm almost scared to death as I have every symptom related to ARS. I ahve my ears and eyes paining and burning. I feel like quitting the work and going somewhere..

Would you guys please help! I know I am over reacting but your suggestions and experiences might help me calm down. I could not tell anyone about this situation.

Please help!!

thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sherezade
Master

Reged: 03/28/12
Re: Possible Exposure new
      #264838 - 07/23/12 10:16 PM

I feel very related to your situation because I had all those symptoms and many more after my only one exposure, so I can understand your stress. Now, the good news: your risk was very low, because it was a brief encounter, you were the insertive partner (lower risk) and you don't even know if she is hiv positive.
I had the same symptoms, and I turned out negative after three months. So, first you have to relax, and stop looking for symptoms online, just wait and test at six weeks. The result you get at that point is very unlikely to change at 13 weeks. Good luck!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 769

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3