Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
stevenroberto

Reged: 07/21/12
Pls Help! Am I infected? I have Symptoms!! :(
      #264760 - 07/21/12 01:52 PM

Hi,

I am a 30 years old male, I have eczema zits only on my right hand, I had unprotected anal sex with another male who had many zits on his body, hands, arms, legs, feet, I was both the giver and receiver in anal sex, 2 weeks after I started developing the following symptoms:

Mild soar throat
Mild ear pain <---- I guess related to soar throat?
Burning sensation when I pee
Yellow discharge appeared in my underwear

The burning sensation and yellow discharge went away after I took the treatment for gonorrhea / chlamydia which was 4 pills of Azithromycin 250 mg each and one pill of Cipro 400 mg.

Now its been 3 weeks and I am still left with the mild soar throat and mild ear pain, and also 2 big red pimples appeared on the head of my penis, 2 that looks like zits on my butt cheeks which are not itchy, and about 3 or 4 very tiny ones on my left hand that are itchy that looks like the eczema zits I have already years ago on my right hand, and about 5 on the left leg and 5 on the right leg that are also itchy that looks like the eczema zits.

I did not have a fever in these last 3 weeks.

I know this was the stupidest decision I made in my life when I chose to not use a condom, I hope that someone finds the cure one day soon! I hope.

I was told I have to wait 13 weeks before I can do the HIV test but that's a very long time and I feel very worried, can someone please help me and tell me if the symptoms I have are HIV related or not?

Thank you so much.

Edited by stevenroberto (07/21/12 02:12 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sherezade
Master

Reged: 03/28/12
Re: Pls Help! Am I infected? I have Symptoms!! :( new
      #264762 - 07/21/12 02:33 PM

Yes, it wasn't the smart decision to engage in unprotected anal sex so you have put yourself in risk of contracting hiv, but you don't know yet, so first of all you have to stop stressing. You have to wait 13 weeks to have a conclusive result, but you can test before at six weeks, that will give give you a reliable advanced of your status. Don't look for symptoms in internet, that will drive you crazy and you don't need that. I hope that your result will be negative and this will be a lesson for you not to put in risk anymore. Good luck!

stevenroberto

Reged: 07/21/12
      #264765 - 07/21/12 02:52 PM

Hi yes I am stressing a lot because all the symptoms I have are the same symptoms listed on the Internet for early HIV symptoms!!

Sherezade
Master

#264766 - 07/21/12 03:08 PM

Don't rely on symptoms to diagnose HIV, I had more than 30 real symptoms after my exposure, and I tested negative at 13 weeks. The man I was with, tested negative twice too. So, the only thing that can give you the real answer is a specific hiv test. If you find a place where you can do a 4th generation test (combo or duo) you can do it at four weeks post exposure and it will give you a pretty conclusive result. Then repeat the test at 13 weeks just to confirm.

Stress can make everything worse. When I found in internet that the symptoms I was having could be hiv related, I had panic attacks and my symptoms got worse and worse and on top of all, I've been diagnosed with a OCD. Trust me, the best thing you can do for your health is to stay away from internet. Just go and test.

KenC
Fanatic

Reged: 05/30/12
Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
      #264784 - 07/22/12 05:28 AM

As Sherezade said, and what many here will probably tell you, don't look up symptoms online. I made that mistake too and freaked my self out. The best thing you should do is get tested. I hope for the best bud.

Sherezade
Master

#264805 - 07/23/12 01:17 AM

Ok, you have to know this: there are many people walking in the street with hiv and they don't even suspect they have it. Why is that? Because not everyone infected with HIV is going to show symptoms of ARS, and sometimes symptoms are so mild that pass unnoticed. BUT when ARS does show up, the main symptom that is present in almost 97 percent is fever, and I'm not talking about a low grade one, it usually is a very high fever, high enough to make you run to a ER.

So, you haven't had a fever, that's a great sign. Still, you did have a real risk, so you have to get tested, but I'm pretty confident that your result will be ok. In the worst case scenary that you are HIV positive there's still life, and a good one, but you don't have to worry about that until you get a positive result, and that's very unlikely. If you get a negative result (It will be, think positive) try to learn from this, it's a big lesson.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2909

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3