Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
jpworried1

Reged: 07/20/12
What a terrible mess I put myself in....
      #264742 - 07/20/12 02:22 PM

Well its a long story...I have always had problems putting on a condom but from now on I learned my lesson big time...I was in a very bland relationship for 51/2 years and there was a period of 3 years where we had NO SEX at all. So about 3 years ago I wound up cheating on my gf with a friend and had unprotected sex. There was also 3 other times where I received oral sex for 1-2 minutes. The most recent encounter was oral sex and frottage with a limp penis about 43 days before I took my 8 panel test on 7/2. I tested positive for herpes 1 & 2 and everything else was negative. After that unfortunate encounter 43 days before my test I told myself that this needs to stop and I need to focus on my gf. We engaged in unprotected sex afterward and she wanted to conceive, I confirmed that she was clean and when we had sex I did not know I had herpes we had sex maybe 12 times after that mindless encounter. I am fortunate that I didnt get her pregnant but its no excuse for my carelessness. I really am devastated for what I did and am seeking help for my irresponsible and dangerous ways and my anxiety. My question is do I need to worry about HIV any more since I tested negative 43 days after that incident? (I feel that my risky exposure was the sex with my friend about 3 years ago.) I am very worried about the herpies thing but what are the chances she got it even though I did not have an outbreeak?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sherezade
Master

Reged: 03/28/12
Re: What a terrible mess I put myself in.... new
      #264764 - 07/21/12 02:50 PM

A negative result three years after your only real risk is more than conclusive. You don't have hiv, move on and continue your normal life.

jpworried1

#264787 - 07/22/12 10:09 AM

Thanks so much for your reply. I was thinking that the encounter I had might of put me at risk because I prematurely ejaculated all over myself after the genital rubbing I did not penetrate because I was not erect. I obviously do have anxiety issues and I am seeing a psychiatrist. I'm looking back and I just can't believe what I did. I just want things to get better so I can move on.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #264825 - 07/23/12 12:33 PM

if i'm reading your post correctly, you had an 8 panel test earlier this month which is 3 years after your last unprotected encounter with the friend. as stated, 3 years is more than enough time (the HIV window period is 3 months). so you are conclusively negative for HIV.

and just an FYI, premature ejaculation and genital rubbing are not risks for HIV. only the unprotected sex was.

and although you feel guilty for cheating on your girlfriend, this doesn't mean you will automatically get HIV.

but now that you know you have herpes, you need to let her know, so she can get tested. and also learn the proper precautions and safer sex practices.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

jpworried1

#264831 - 07/23/12 05:28 PM

Yes I already did tell her about the herpes right after I got my results. She is taking her test at the end of the month. I am hoping for the best. Do you recommend any more testing in the near future? Otherwise I will just do another one months down the road when I do a yearly check up.

jpworried1

#264894 - 07/25/12 09:07 PM

Any thoughts? I understand your comments about HIV but I meant the other stds.

Edited by jpworried1 (07/27/12 10:07 PM)

jpworried1

#265597 - 08/19/12 06:38 AM

Hi just wanted to provide an update...my ex gf tested negative for everything on an 8 panel. I am relieved but if you are in my shoes would you think your in the clear? This is based on my history above? I am starting to think so because I have had no new encounters recently.

Appreciate some comments. This will be my last post and would like to donate if possible.

jpworried1

#265600 - 08/19/12 09:06 AM

Hi just wanted to provide an update...my ex gf tested negative for everything on an 8 panel. I am relieved but if you are in my shoes would you think your in the clear? This is based on my history above? I am starting to think so because I have had no new encounters recently.

Appreciate some comments. This will be my last post and would like to donate if possible.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2666

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3