Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Sailingalone19
Fanatic

Reged: 06/25/12
Still afraid! New Swollen lymph nodes!
      #264693 - 07/18/12 09:16 PM

Here i am again.. Yeah at 4weeks got tested negative. But today i have a new swollen lymph nodes in my neck. And got a result about CMV Antibody Titer its 9.1 and the summary is CMV Antibody is slightly elevated may be due to past exposure. Which i dont get. And ive gone on line about it. Says that only pregnant women,transplant patient and HiV are those person who has CMV. http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=Cytomegalovirus+Antibody+Screening+Test

I know 4weeks is not conclusive. It gets me more afraid and scared every day right now! Im kind of do i have Hiv? Its freaking me out. Depression is striking again.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sailingalone19
Fanatic

Re: Still afraid! New Swollen lymph nodes! new
      #264694 - 07/18/12 10:12 PM

To be negative on CMV i should get these result <0.9

Equivocal 0.9 - 1.0

Positive >1.0

My result is 9.1

So does this means im equivocal?

Sherezade
Master

Reged: 03/28/12
      #264696 - 07/18/12 10:20 PM

Hi there,

Well, i guess that all your symptoms are due to a CMV infection and not hiv. That's great news if you think about it, because CMV is a pretty harmless virus.

And you are wrong, any person can get CMV but it's only dangerous for HIV positives, pregnant women and people with organ transplants. Most healthy people just pass the infection and the antibodies remain forever. So, you can start forgetting about hiv...

Sailingalone19
Fanatic

#264697 - 07/18/12 10:37 PM

I dont understand this phrase "Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a significant cause of morbidity and mortality, especially in organ transplant recipients and individuals with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)." can u please help me with this? CMV is caused by HiV/Aids?

Sorry cant really get it.

Im having a rash,swollen lymph nodes and mouth sore right now.

Sailingalone19
Fanatic

#264699 - 07/18/12 10:50 PM

Oh i see its just only dangerous to those who have HIV +.

Im freaking out. I got tested at 4weeks and its negativr. They said its not really conclusive.

Will i be positve if i already having the symptoms and got tested?

And i dont know if the person i had sex is telling the truth. He said he is negative. He go tested 5days ago. But i doubt it. Coz i still suffer and worried and scared in my symptoms.

Going to get tested again on Jul 27 for 6weeks of exposure. Soo afraid.

Sherezade
Master

Reged: 03/28/12
      #264700 - 07/18/12 11:14 PM

No, CMV is not caused by hiv, it's a different virus like EBV that causes mono. Anyone could get a virus, there are many different ones. The difference is that a healthy person has an inmune system that fights the virus and gets rid of it. But people with aids have very weak inmune systems, that is why CMV could be potentially mortal for them. The same happens for people with organ trasplants, they receive meds to neutralize inmune system to prevent rejection of the organ they receive.

Anyway, that's not your case, you don't have aids nor organ trasplant, so your body can fight the CMV and pass the infection with no repercution for your health. Stop worrying please, stress is your worst enemy at this point.

Sailingalone19
Fanatic

#264701 - 07/18/12 11:30 PM

Im kind of freaked out sorry. Coz im going to get tested again for 6weeks. And afraid for the result. And i cant wait to get testef again. Have to wait 2weeks more.

Thanks for the explanation coz my right now is tangled and soo worried. Coz i am happy 2days ago from receiving -ve result and depression hits me again.

mike_7801
All Star

Reged: 05/20/12
      #264703 - 07/18/12 11:50 PM

so what other test's did your doc asked other than hiv & cmv ??

Sailingalone19
Fanatic

#264704 - 07/18/12 11:58 PM

-HeP C Antibodies
-Herpes Simplex Virus 1
-Herpes Simplex Virus 2
-HIV Antibody ( non reactive @4weeks)
-RPR (non reactive)
-Urine chlamydia gonorrhoeae DNA Probe
-CMV IgG (i think reactive 9.1)
-CMV IgM
-Lyme Titer
-Miscellaneous send out test.

Thats all the test i did last Jul 13th and the the only result i have right mow are those with parenthesis. I only asked HIV test but he asked me to do these test too.

Sailingalone19
Fanatic

#264708 - 07/19/12 12:58 PM

I am also Postive in HSV1. Whats next? HiV?

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #264709 - 07/19/12 01:52 PM

Hsv-1 is found in @90% of Americans. Does not mean that HIV is next. Cmv is also as common. Does it make you more suciptibale to HIV? Yes, having other stds does make you more prone to contract HIV. Hsv could have been passed to you from someone with a cold sore and is the most likely way that you got it and probably have had it since you were a kid like most people. (this assumes you don't have the genital kind)

Nothing short of an HIV positive test result equates to HIV. Nothing. Not symptoms not having every other std, not swollen anything, not a single damn thing except an HIV positive test result equals HIV.

There are plenty of people past and present on here who have sworn they have "classic" symptoms and "all the signs" and have tested negative over and over again to find nothing but repeated negative results. Even when they do find other things wrong including what is in your list. So freak out all you want, but if your having symptoms then your producing antibodies and enough of them to show on a test.

HIV in and of itself doesn't cause symptoms your immune system does. It produces the same set of symptoms for HIV as it would for any virus. Being you have two viruses wouldn't it stand to reason that your symptoms are the result of the immune response to those in the face of a HIV negative test?

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #264715 - 07/19/12 06:53 PM

stop googling symptoms already! they are unreliable when it comes to HIV and only bring about more stress and worry, which just amplifies symptoms.

a negative test result at 4 weeks is very promising. relax and take it easy.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Sailingalone19
Fanatic

#264718 - 07/19/12 07:37 PM

Im negative on HSV2 and RPR

Its just makes me worried coz i was like no cure for it too and what if im poz on HIV? Aww anyways. Sigh*

Sailingalone19
Fanatic

Re: Still afraid! New Swollen lymph nodes!
      #264719 - 07/19/12 07:39 PM

Im trying mam to relax while waiting on my 6weeks test..

Coz for now ive got two virus CmV and HSV.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: Still afraid! New Swollen lymph nodes!
      #264724 - 07/19/12 08:58 PM

this doesn't change your 4 week negative. having other viruses doesn't mean HIV is inevitable. HIV is actually very difficult to contract, statistics-wise.

like i said, just relax. the risk happened. nothing you can do about it now except hope for the best.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8294

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3