Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worriedboutdeath

Reged: 06/22/12
:(Tested last week...this is not a good sign
      #264202 - 06/29/12 10:52 PM

No results yet? This can't be good

I recently had unprotected vagina sex with a heterosexual women. I also preformed unprotected oral sex on her and a 4 weeks later I started to has sinus issues, and this smell from my nose (which i've never had) and was given a zpack that didn't work the first time then I got another zpack. That helped but the sinus issues came back. Then I was given Amoxicillin and the infection went away after 3 months but I am still having clear glob of phlegm from my nose and stuffiness.

Now my taste buds have brown tips on them. While taking the medicine I notice them, but now 3 weeks after the antibiotic I have about 20 brown taste buds. And my tongue turns yellow, green, or brown every time I eat something. This look EXACTLY like the pictures on the internet when you search hairy tongue.

I went to the dentist and he said they are just taste buds. But I told him they have never been there before. I
I went to the doctor again and she said the same thing.(don't worry) I told her I think it might be HIV and she said no way. She said it doesn't look like thrush and when they did my regular blood test why white blood count was normal. I had to beg her to give me a test. It's been exactly a week, what is taking so long? I'm so scared.

I also have BAD muscle twitching, night sweats(not drenched but sweating)

There is nothing else that could be causing this for 4 months...I don't want to answer the phone when they call me next week and let me know.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
character28

Reged: 06/03/12
Loc: Argentina
Re: :(Tested last week...this is not a good sign new
      #264204 - 06/29/12 11:24 PM

Hi mate,
While unprotected vaginal sex with a woman of unknown status can be a risk, There are good news for you:

-I assume it was a one-time incident, that's lower risk
-Vaginal sex is not as risky for men as for women
-You are not sure whether the woman is HIV+
-You can't diagnose HIV from your symptoms
-Stress/anxiety can create a lot of symptoms, such as some of your symptoms
-Enough time has passed as to get an accurate result (which will be possibly negative)

Regarding oral sex, it is almost impossible that you get infected in that way.
I can only encourage you to get that test result, it's more likely it will be negative. You want to know in order to ease your mind. Take care!

worriedboutdeath

Reged: 06/22/12
      #264245 - 07/02/12 12:48 AM

Thanks a lot for the reply!

Just wanted to give you an update. I got a call from the doctor today, I missed her call but she did leave me a message saying she needs to talk to me about my lab results. Why would she call me on a Sunday? I'm pretty bumped, I know you can't go off the voice mail but she sounded pretty serious. And she did say when I was in her office...."if you don't hear from us, that's a good thing".

I'm super scared to call her back and hear the news, but I guess it's better to know.

Thanks again

mike_7801
All Star

Reged: 05/20/12
      #264246 - 07/02/12 04:17 AM

did you tested for any thing else as well ??
Your symptoms are not typical as of early infection ...!
You will hear a good news when you will go back..!

character28

Reged: 06/03/12
Loc: Argentina
      #264256 - 07/02/12 01:22 PM

Hi mate, go get the results, we're pretty sure they will be good news! Go on, get the results and post them here. Good luck!

lilyren

Reged: 12/23/13
      #274527 - 12/23/13 01:41 AM

Just be patient in waiting for the result.Something is worthy to wait.Like if you want to change your hair style you need to wait for a long time in a salon.Of course now there are various types of hair wigs to wear and can help to refresh your hairstyle.I have seen real hair wigs for women in http://www.hairwigsall.com/categories/Women%27s-Wigs/ You may can't distinguish the hair is real or not.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2053

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3