Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
hope2012
Regular

Reged: 06/09/12
Do you know which generation of blood test primarily used in USA?
      #264109 - 06/25/12 02:25 PM

I had Oraquick, ClearView Rapid test at HIV agency in Texas state which I know is 2nd generation. Then had another two ordered by doctors, but the doctors, nurses, hiv agency, State and County health department, CDC, all can not tell which generation of test and where to get a 3rd or above generation test. I finally called one lab who run one test of mine, after half day of research, they called back "I don't know, only see Bio Rad". What is the Bio rad, and which generation of test are primarily used in us? This really sucks! Crabman, do you know anything about it?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sherezade
Master

Reged: 03/28/12
Re: Do you know which generation of blood test primarily used in USA? new
      #264120 - 06/25/12 10:24 PM

After four weeks from exposure, all generation test have the same reliability. The 4th generation test (Combo or Duo), that combines P24 antigen and antibodies is only useful in the first weeks. So, stop researching about tests, you already have your conclusive result not matter what kind of test they used.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that in USA they have the best technology available, I live in an undeveloped country and here they use 4th generation tests in most labs.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1196

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3