Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Thinking

Reged: 06/21/12
Please give me strength
      #263968 - 06/21/12 01:06 PM

Hey, I definitely have anxiety about my HIV status and this site has helped me so please give me courage to get tested.

I'm a 22 year old Canadian female and over 2 years ago I was seeing a guy who I used protection with until one time we didn't have it. I asked him if he had been tested for STIs and he said "the doctor never called me back so I'm clean". So we stopped using protection and he probably cummed in me about 15 times. Anyways then I broke things off because he wasn't treating me right. I got tested. Turned out I had chlamydia. Got treated. Called him and told him and told him to get tested for syphyllis and HIV. He said he would. He called me back in 2 weeks and said he was negative. I'm scared he was having sex with this sl*t at the same time as me.

After my antibiotics I found out I had genital warts and I got them treated an they went away quickly and *knock on wood* they haven't come back. I was very sad because I thought I had always been careful and I had gotten 2 STIs at once. I was crushed but then I told myself they're treatable and I'm lucky.

Anyways I decided to get a syphyllis test because I don't trust that a***hole and It came back negative. But for the past like 6 months I've been SOOOO anxious that I have HIV that it's killin me inside everytime I get sick I think I'm dying (even though I seem to get over colds quickly) I swear my mind is creating symptoms that don't exist.

I haven't had sex since him and I'm so turned of by sex, I never really liked it in the first place, I would do it because I was very sad a few years back.

Anyways I know I should go get tested I just am so scared I wish someone could come with me but I have noone I trust. I don't want to disappoint my family.

Please give me some kind words. I wish one of you could come with me. I know I need to go because the earlier I find out the better I just know I'd be even more sad than I already am

Please help. Thanks <3

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hope2012
Regular

Reged: 06/09/12
Re: Please give me strength new
      #263971 - 06/21/12 01:34 PM

It already past 6 months, why still think about hiv

sergio333
Grand Master

Reged: 10/03/11
      #263974 - 06/21/12 01:48 PM

Anyway you can only gain by doing the test. If it's negative (will be), you will be free of anxiety. If it is positive (I think not), you stop and have to deal with a practically normal life. What will you kill your anxiety, if you is not done with this story. Get tested, get your negative result and post back here. Good luck

character28

Reged: 06/03/12
Loc: Argentina
      #263980 - 06/21/12 02:53 PM

Hi, I believe you should definitely get tested to get your negative result and stop your anxiety. You said he got tested and he is HIV- so that's a good signal for you. If you don't trust that he's been tested, you're at the perfect time to test yourself, past the 6 months mark of the last unprotected sex. A test will give your definitive result and ease your mind.
It's better to know now that you don't have HIV instead of f***ing up your life by worrying about something you don't have. Mental health is also very important, so try to avoid anxiety and stress. Get tested to stop your concerning. It's the best you can do.

nicole1992
Fanatic

Reged: 03/16/12
      #263982 - 06/21/12 04:09 PM

It makes sense that you'd be scared considering that you already acquired two STDs. Just keep in mind that a good percentage of sexually active people will get an STD at some point in their life, it isn't anything to be ashamed of. Shit happens and thank God yours were treatable.

An HIV test is probably one of the scariest tests you can go for but you have to do it, even if you're doing it alone. The sooner you find out the better because if it comes back negative you'll be instantly relieved and God forbid it's positive at least you'd be able to begin seeing a doctor and taking steps to ensure you're as healthy as you can possibly be.

I'll cross my fingers for ya! Good luck! <3

Thinking

Reged: 06/21/12
      #264008 - 06/22/12 02:34 PM

Thank you all for your kind words. I'd also like to clarif that I didn't mean people who get HIV are sluts I just meant that if you sleep around more u have a higher chance and he was potentially sleeping with a promiscuous girl.

Anyways. I'll go get the test sometime soon and let u kno. Please send me positive energy. I wish u all the best

character28

Reged: 06/03/12
Loc: Argentina
      #264011 - 06/22/12 03:50 PM

Hi, we wish you very very good luck! Although you may not even need it! Get tested asap and come back here to share your negative results with us!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #264036 - 06/23/12 01:47 PM

Having an Hiv test is not the scariest thing in life. Ignoring the test and spending your time worrying and fretting over every little thing believing it's something that it's not, now that is stupid scarey. Just do the test so that you can let out a sigh of relief.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #264037 - 06/23/12 01:52 PM

Doesn't matter if it's been 3 years , if you never were tested , get tested. PERIOD. It will mostlikely be neg anyway but since you never tested before just do so already,

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1700

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3