Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
xrayvison

Reged: 06/19/12
So truly when is the window period?? PLEASE COMMENT
      #263951 - 06/21/12 04:58 AM

I apologize in advanced for making this long, I am just concerned and looking for an intellegent answer.I always read something different everytime about the window period of testing. When is the true window peroid? Can someone please shed light on this?? I also would like to know when you would likely feel Acute HIV symptoms if you were going to. My last "risky" encounter was March 11th of this year with a girl i know. I wore a condom but i ate her out... I tested Negative June 15th which was just a few days ago. Should I worry? I have sex with my current girlfriend whom i was with for a few years. We broke up for a while. I had a serious talk with her and she understands the seriousness and told me she had not done anything with another male that was not me since january of 2012. So i don't really see how i could have gotten anything from her. So do i have anything to worry about? Is the three months I have waited since my "hook up" from march long enough for trust worthy results? I am nervous because I am unusually sick. I am a very active healthy male. Lately for no reason I have been experiencing mainly these symptoms; uncomfortable pain and somtimes burining in stomache, mild sore throat, and fatigue and weakness and occasional headaches and sometimes random body aches. which is extremly weird. I know my body well and i know something is up. I was also tested for strep and mono which were also negative. I don't know if my nerves are just getting the best of me or what. All i know is that I am fearful and a bit unconfident with my negative results.

Sorry for all the back ground information but I wanted to be as clear as possible, but here are the questions i need answered

1. when is the actual window period?
2. when, if at all would you experince acute symptoms?
3. would it take longer or quicker for the virus to show up in a test with healthy athletic male?
4. Should I re test??
PLEASE HELP

Edited by xrayvison (06/21/12 05:03 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mike_7801
All Star

Reged: 05/20/12
Re: So truly when is the window period?? PLEASE COMMENT new
      #263953 - 06/21/12 06:57 AM

1. Actually the window period is 6-8 weeks for most of the population & 3months for almost 100% of the people.
2.Hiv has no specific symptoms A test post 2 months or at 3 months can only give the answer.
3.No
4.No ( if want you can test till the world ends but it will show -ve until and unless you engage yourself in risky behavior ).

nicole1992
Fanatic

Reged: 03/16/12
Re: So truly when is the window period?? PLEASE COMMENT new
      #263962 - 06/21/12 11:02 AM

3-6 months. Most everybody will test positive by 3 months.

Are you unusually sick because you're nervous or nervous because you're unusually sick? Your exposure was minimal. Oral sex is extremely low risk.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1268

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3