Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
xrayvison

Reged: 06/19/12
HIV window period and symptoms PLEASE COMMENT
      #263884 - 06/19/12 04:22 AM

Well here is my story. I recently noticed bumps on the back of my tounge that are painless but i have never noticed them before and it freaked me out. I immediatly assumed the worst and started googling stuff which didn't ease my mind at all either. I also noticed that my tounge is a bit more white towards the back is this normal?? I was tested in febuary of 2012 and my hiv result was negative. Shortly after I had sex with a girl whom I had sex with in the past. We used a condom but i performed oral on her. I don't suspect her to be dirty but you never know i suppose. We had sex around march 11th if i recall correctly. I just got test a few days ago on june 16th and once again was negative. which is a little over three months since I had sex with her. I assume that this time peroid would have been long enough for hiv to show up in a test correct?? I am back with an ex know and we have sex. I dated this girl for three years in the past and claims to not have done anything bad. But i recently have gotten sick about a week ago. which inspired me to get tested in the first place. Even tho my result was negative i am still paraniod. I just want to know if the white on my tounge could be thrush? or what the bumps could be? and why do I have stomache pain and a mild sore thoat? I honestly don't know if i am so worried I am making these symptoms up or if they are really there. It's miserable.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: HIV window period and symptoms PLEASE COMMENT new
      #263888 - 06/19/12 08:10 AM

So you come here looking for advice from one of us 'dirty' people that must have done something bad. Since you are here it would seem there is a breeze in your glass house.

If you are concerned and have had unprotected sex with your former ex (now non-ex) then get tested together at 3 months past your last unprotected sex. Use condoms until then.

mike_7801
All Star

Reged: 05/20/12
      #263894 - 06/19/12 12:07 PM

They are not Hiv symptoms.... the one you are experiencing are Anxity/stress symptoms... just chill you are -ve .. although you were not at risk at the first place .! Every body around the world is not Hiv+,
Window period is 3 months .thats it .!

crabmanModerator

#263896 - 06/19/12 01:50 PM

"I am back with an ex know and we have sex. "

Mike,

The poster never specified if he is having protected or unprotected sex with this woman. His tests results only cover the other activities with different woman.

If he is having unprotected sex and doesn't know his partners status for a fact then YES he may have put himself at risk although not a very great risk.

...I'm also not sure how you figure you can tell people when to test or if they were even at risk since you, yourself can't accept the fact you don't have HIV. Like you said "Everybody around the world is not HIV+" Your test results certainly prove that.

mike_7801
All Star

Reged: 05/20/12
      #263903 - 06/19/12 09:29 PM

Crabman the OP had protected sex..

And for me i am having vibration continuously in my feet which not a stress related .. my tonsils have got crypts which also not stress related i had rash for 8-9 days & there trace are still there .!!
That is why i doubt ! And also my exposure was in Africa where prevalence is 7% that is way too high & according to a new study done in Tanzania ~40% CSW are Hiv positive ..!
That is why i am f**ked up !

xrayvison

Reged: 06/19/12
      #263905 - 06/20/12 12:04 AM

I appologize for any disrespect. I am just asking for advice. So what about the tounge stuff?

crabmanModerator

#263908 - 06/20/12 08:34 AM

Mike - the OP did not specify. He had protected sex with the girl earlier in the year for which he tested negative June 16. But if he has been having unprotected sex with the old ex, now current woman in his life then he may have put himself at risk.

"Shortly after I had sex with a girl whom I had sex with in the past. We used a condom but i performed oral on her. I don't suspect her to be dirty but you never know i suppose. We had sex around march 11th if i recall correctly. I just got test a few days ago on june 16th and once again was negative. which is a little over three months since I had sex with her. I assume that this time peroid would have been long enough for hiv to show up in a test correct?? I am back with an ex know and we have sex."

But I suppose we could do the easiest thing instead of assuming so.....

xrayvision have you been having protected sex with the woman you are currently seeing?

crabmanModerator

#263909 - 06/20/12 08:38 AM

What about it? Symptoms mean absolutely nothing in terms of HIV seroconversion, except if someone does have them, they can expect them to come quickly and leave quickly. ARS does not linger for weeks on end. It's been my observation that the more symptoms someone lists the less chance it has anything to do with HIV.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #263924 - 06/20/12 02:06 PM

Most likely a form of thrush which is actually a yeast infection. Try eating yogurt for awhile and see if it clears up . If not go see an ear, nose and throat dr for medication .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4852

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3