Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Toivola

Reged: 06/16/12
Having a very tough time of it...
      #263847 - 06/16/12 11:49 PM

Hi all,

Really no words can describe this period as it seems most of you know as I have found my way here and the pain that it has caused. My story is like so many that I have now been reading. 9 weeks ago had an episode with a condom breaking and insertive vaginal with a woman who I have now idea what her status is other than I'm concerned about my judgment when I had too much to drink. I don't want to speak badly of her but of what I know lets just say I'm really worried. Wasn't smart at all.

I had a condom break that I didn't stop for 5-6 minutes I'm guessing until I got my head together and stopped. 2 weeks later was traveling and started getting urgency to pee all the time, abdominal pain and cramps, testicle pain thought it was something like Chlamydia at first. Dry burning eyes. it was somewhat more humid there was sweating alot and always had to be in air conditioning but really was only 72 or less.

This went on for 2 -3 days then I started getting profound weakness in my legs felt like I ran a marathon if I walked up a small hill. not short of breath just muscles were not wanting any part of it. I would wake up and have stiff painful feet and ankles where it continually moved upward into my butt by the 6th day.Around then I started getting Nauseous and had to force myself to eat. At this point I really started worrying after I found a wart on my penis that I haven't seen in 20 years ( I had a few when I was younger and they had cleared). At that point started getting fatigue in the afternoon and would periodically just wipe me out for a few hours.

Weeks 2-7 I was having less fatigue but picked up what seems to be Seborrhea Dermatitis itchy scalp, nose eyebrows chin and inner ear, makes my face red and wax's and wanes. Seems I can't be in the sun very long now either get chilly afterwards and burning on my skin although I really wasn't out long. I felt every lymph node in my body scream though it doesn't seem like they are enlarged. Still have weakness in my legs although not as bad as it was. Still feel like my brain is in a fog most of the time.

I have been taking pro-biotics and prilosec which seem to have helped somewhat calm my gut although I still get cramps now and again and still have reduced stool and very loose.. My entire body itched although that has calmed somewhat, I have broken out in a few hives although at this point who knows if that's just stress related. I seem to sneeze at really weird times and when it doesn't seem like anything could be doing it. I have sinusitis and have started antibiotics to solve that. Worried thats an immunosuppressed reaction. Never really had them ever before this. I haven't lost tremendous weight like 7-9 lbs, which went pretty quick but have really started to lose my butt which I have always had a good athletic body. Seems like my face is thinner as well. I feel like a pariah. I'm terrified.

I took a Elisa at 6 and now 8 weeks exactly and was negative, but completely unsure how accurate that is. If I'm still symptomatic will it show negative whats my chances? I'm in my early 40's does age make a difference to show positive. Please help, I don't know where else to turn.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mike_7801
All Star

Reged: 05/20/12
Re: Having a very tough time of it... new
      #263849 - 06/17/12 12:11 AM

Hi ..
First of all Hiv has no spesific symptoms... ok
Most of the people will test positive by 6 weeks with a 3rg generation elisa .
So you had a -ve test at 8 weeks it says that you do not have Hiv.. still you have to confirm your result after a 12 week hiv test to be certain and that will also be -ve .!
So don't worry you are in clear .! And your age is not a factor for Hiv test .!
I am not an expert but after a lot of reading i know a little bit about hiv.!
I myself had every symptom still having some but tested -ve through out 3 months 5 -ve tests.! Still have to find out the cause.! But it is not Hiv.!

Toivola

Reged: 06/16/12
      #263858 - 06/17/12 10:21 AM

Thanks for the encouraging words. So if I'm still havinimg symptoms does that affect the test at 8weeks, would it delay a positive result? How reliable of an outcome does an 8 week test give me?thanks so much for your responses having a really difficult time seein through the symptom and believing that I could be anything but positive.

mike_7801
All Star

Reged: 05/20/12
      #263860 - 06/17/12 11:07 AM

If your symptoms would have been because of Hiv you would have at least been tested indeterminate at 8 weeks ..!

So that means your symptoms could be because of stress/anxiety or some any other illness .. consult some doctor .. your 12 week result will be -ve , but you have get tested at 12 week just for the peace of mind.!

Good Luck.!

KenC
Fanatic

Reged: 05/30/12
Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
      #263866 - 06/18/12 02:30 AM

Hang in there, alright?

A negative test at 8 weeks is a great sign that you are HIV negative! I agree with mike_7801. Stress and anxiety can cause a lot of problems or it is another illness. And I don't think age matters in regards to testing. Anybody feel free correct me if I am wrong about that.

Sherezade
Master

Reged: 03/28/12
      #263882 - 06/18/12 11:33 PM

Your symptoms must be due to other things but not HIV. Your negative result at 8 weeks confirm this. Just do one more at three months mark and forget about HIV. It won't change the result, be calm.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1297

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3