Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
dontbelieveit
Grand Master

Reged: 03/25/12
Spoke to Quest Diagnostics Dr!
      #263241 - 05/24/12 08:14 PM

I just spoke to the Dr that performed my test at Quest Diagnostics and asked him a bunch of questions.

Q1. What generation test was performed.
A. The most current test. (He never said rather it was 3rd or 4th).

Q2. What does the test check for?
A. Antibodies (Was looking for a more descriptive answer)

Q3. When would you say the test is conclusive?
A. I would never say a test is conclusive. I would go by symptoms. Most people test positive by 6-8 weeks from what I've seen from the hospital setting. The longest I've seen is 2-3 months. At most I would say 6 months. But anything can happend and I would never say a test is conclusive. I would consider viral load tests to check for the viral load in situations where there is a needlestick exposure.

Why can't everyone have this mind set. He said he would never consider a test conclusive if there are still symptoms because nothing is 100%. Even the CDC says to continue to test if there are symptoms present. Im gonna test again because I had an exposure in Feb where there were a few pumps unprotected. I know there was no ejaculation and my symptoms began a long time ago. But I'm even worried about this. My last test was in May of which is 3 months post Feb. If I am positive from that exposure that would mean my symptoms are from something else. I just want an answer thats all. Please dont curse me. Im just concerned about my health!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
nicole1992
Fanatic

Reged: 03/16/12
Re: Spoke to Quest Diagnostics Dr! new
      #263276 - 05/26/12 08:01 PM

But those symptoms could be for a number of things. Symptoms of HIV infection are incredibly vague. If I remember correctly, you had a vitamin deficiency. You said your exposure was 2 years ago and you tested negative multiple times since then.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1000

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3