Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
dontbelieveit
Regular

Reged: 03/25/12
So sick of this!!!!!!!!!
      #263139 - 05/21/12 04:50 PM

I am so tired of trying to figure out whats wrong with me. Ive had FOUR HIV tests. All negative! I know something is wrong with me but no one will listen. The people at the HIV hotline seem to be so annoyed with me. My doctor keeps talking about a psychiatrist. I am so sick of this. If I didn't have the prickling in my legs and feet I would just let it go. I cried in my doctors office today. She keeps saying...I dont see anything wrong with your blood your fine. I just wanna scream. Something is wrong. So I just convinced my to make me a referral to see a neurologist. I hope all is well. I keep thinking I'm a late seroconverter. That something is preventing me from creating antibodies. But that doesnt make sense because if I didnt have antibodies I would be in the hospital. I just dont know what to think. I just wanna know what the hell is wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tcocoa

Reged: 07/19/07
Re: So sick of this!!!!!!!!! new
      #263140 - 05/21/12 05:55 PM

What i wouldnt give to have just one NEGATIVE hiv test, yet you had four. Get over it honey you are HIV negative and be thankful also. What you do need is a therapists and the neurologists that you were referred to. Then get on to living life hiv free, practice safe sex so you NEVER have to go through this nitemare you have put urself through and live!!! i wish you the best.

dontbelieveit
Regular

#263143 - 05/21/12 06:04 PM

Thanks Tcocoa! I'm trying but I'm just having a really difficult time right now and I'm ready for it to be over. Its like a cycle Ive been going through ever since my first negative test in Dec of which was a rapid. For the first test I said...maybe she didnt take enough blood. Second test in March I said...maybe the rapid tests arent picking it up. Third test in March, Elisa, I said...maybe I dont have enough antibodies. Fourth test in May, maybe I still havent created enough antibodies. Ive read so many stories where people say theyve tested negative one year and the following year test positive. This one story here really freaks me out. http://www.avert.org/living-with-hiv.htm Read black rains story. I just keep thinking about this story and saying this is going to be me. She had two negative tests and eventually tested positive. I'm just so confused and frustrated!

dontbelieveit
Regular

#263144 - 05/21/12 06:14 PM

Oh I forgot...the third test my parnoia with the results was...maybe I have hepatitis of which I've read can delay seroconversion so I had my doc test me again along with the hepatitis panel...all negative. The only thing that can help me now is some sort of diagnosis to explain my symptoms because I KNOW something is wrong. Maybe it isnt HIV but it is something. I can take 1000 HIV tests and if I still have these symptoms Im not going to believe the results. I have to wait until August to see the neurologist. Hoping all goes well!!!!

dontbelieveit
Regular

#263145 - 05/21/12 06:17 PM

My doctor cant find anything wrong with my blood. The only thing she has seen are some vitamin deficiencies. I am just screaming on the inside for some help!!!! She keeps saying she cant find anything wrong with my blood but Ive read about people who are positive that have normal lab results. Im just so confused. And I know these stories I read on the internet is only fueling my fire.

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #263148 - 05/21/12 07:52 PM

Accept the neg status , finished. Now as for the other stuff stick with your neurologist appt. See if its just some pinched nerves or just neuropathy . There are special socks that help with the circulation in feet and legs. Google neuropothy and read up on it . See what you think . But accept the fact that you don't have hiv. hep c or any std.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

login123
New User

Reged: 05/18/12
      #263181 - 05/22/12 08:08 PM

Ummm, if it comforts you any, Black Rain's story really doesn't make sense... her last known exposure wasn't a year ago.... since she just found out she's pregnant and HIV+ by the father of her baby. Do the math.

dontbelieveit
Regular

#263216 - 05/23/12 09:10 PM

Yeah I figured the same thing when I read it. But what prompted her to get tested is what has me pondering. And how did the test come back positive after she told her doctor about her symptoms? Did she get a different test done? Its just kind of weird.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1943

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3