Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Amigohere

Reged: 05/19/12
Scared - please advise
      #263112 - 05/19/12 11:25 PM

So about 7 weeks ago I had an encounter with a woman. I did not penetrate her vagina, but I believe she rubbed my penis on her opening and I told her I could not have sex without a condom. About 1 week later I feel tingling in my penis. I tested for all the standard STD's at 21 days, including HIV and they all were negative. This tingling goes on for about 3 more weeks and I finally go to the doctor. He believes I have some urology issue, but I tell him I believe it is Trichomoniasis. He says he does not think so since I have no pain urinating, no discharge or testicular pain, but he prescribes me metronidazole and I take it. The tingling sensation goes away, but during this week of having this, one night I come home from work and my muscles ache and I have a fever of 100.3. This lasts about 12 hours and goes away. I have very watery diaherra for several days also. (this is a little over 5 weeks after being with the girl).

What scares me, is could this have been ARS? Would the fever last only 12 hours?

I didn't even have sex, and I don't know if it was trichomoniasis or not, but I am scared out of my mind.

I know I need to get retested, and will, but is that time of fever typical of ARS?

I am feeling so mad at myself for even having had any contact.

Please any thoughts on if this is ARS?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Amigohere

Reged: 05/19/12
Re: Scared - please advise new
      #263152 - 05/21/12 08:23 PM

So, I have been doing a bunch of reading, and it sounds like ARS hits you really hard and lasts for several days at least. So, mine does not sound like ARS? Can someone knowledgable let me know if they agree?

Called the doctor and he said if it was ARS I would of been laid up in bed hurting, but he is no HIV expert.

Thoughts from anyone here?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3198

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3