Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
login123

Reged: 05/18/12
Known Exposure(?); PEP; HEP C "cured"; Home Access
      #263100 - 05/19/12 12:07 AM

What a roller coaster this has been. In November, I started having sex with someone who was HIV + and "cured" of Hep C for several years (5+). I saw his medical records. With regards to HIV, he had an undetectable viral load <20 for years and was on medication. After our first encounter, I became so stressed I started a month long dose of PEP (within 12 hours) though the doctor told me of the remote possibility, he still offered it to me so I took it.. We dated for four months, during which we never once had unprotected sex. Our last encounter was mid February of this past year. I tested using "Home Access" at both 8 and 12 weeks after our last encounter and both results were negative. Yet, worrying lingers. My concerns are 1) PEP delaying seroconversion, but that was now nearly six months ago (from my latest test) so not sure this should be a concern. 2) Hep C possibility even though his medical records showed this as a "past condition" 3) If Hep C is a possibility, then this also delaying seroconversion. 4) Home Access not being of the latest and greatest testing generation. I know or hope I am going with very remote possibilities here, but I guess I want an expert opinion if my 12 week negative test can be considered conclusive? I plan to test out to a year but want to put this out of my mind and need help with some expert confidence in helping ease my worries and concerns during the in between testing periods. Looking back with a clearer mind, I wonder what the heck I was thinking but I was going through a rough patch in life so I am trying to forgive myself for putting my life at risk. (I don't forgive him even though I was a willing participant!) But my last couple of sentences are more for my therapy sessions. :-)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 959

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3