Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
trucker_c

Reged: 05/14/12
Where am i headed
      #263040 - 05/14/12 03:20 AM

ok i want to start by saying, i am 23, tall, african american, handsome with a loving boyfriend of 6 years now. well, all of my life its been pounded into my head that since i was gay, sooner or later i'd get aids or hiv and die, so that has always been a fear of mine.... i am a hypochondriac and i know i can make things seem worse than they are but i am going to tell it like it is.
back in jan./2012 i had a drunk unprotected sex with someone and it was so stupid of me but just as of 2 weeks ago i've started feeling changes in my body like never before and the symptoms all seem similar to the ones of hiv.(i have not had sex unprotected since or with my boyfriend) first last week for a day i was really sick, felt like the flu, coughing and headaches, i just wanted to sleep. for the last 3 weeks or so, my feet have been getting very numb, almost as if they are freezing, even if its not cold where i am. i have to wiggle them to make sure they're still there.... lymphnodes in my neck are normal i suppose but i feel tenseness in my neck, an annoying feeling right under my chin towards the back of my jaw bone...
now 3days ago ive noticed soreness in my legs almost to the point of not wanting to walk, i've stretched and did excercises, today i dont notice that feeling BUT...the lymphnodes in my groin area, right under where the hipbone is...yea, those i would say are NOTICABLE TO me now and altho they do hurt,not painful but noticable, they feel swoll as do the one under my right armpit, this one hurts.....
i've already decided to take care of myself if this is hiv, i almost feel like i know i have it, these changes are to common with symtoms of hiv patients.
i am a truck driver and will see my my doctor as soon as i am home to be tested, but do these sound like things i should be concerned about... mind you, i went reading up on symptoms on the internet and for every symptom i found, the next day i was having those symmptoms.... ive come clean to my BF about what i did and we talked about the possibilites and he says he will stick with me through whatever... i am so lost with this thing, can anyone remember what changes their body went through to make them want to get tested?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Where am i headed new
      #263047 - 05/14/12 12:35 PM

I'm not sure how your stats play any part in anything but thanks for sharing I guess. Now on to your question. First and foremost symptoms mean nothing in reguards to HIV. They are the same symptoms as a hundred other illnesses. Testing is the only way to know for sure whether it's HIV or one of the hundred other things that can cause the same exact symptoms.

The fact you had the flu well past the window period (3 months) and showed no signs before doesn't sit well with what is known about HIV. Normally the flu like illness happens 2-4 weeks after infection.

The fact that you are African American and a truck driver says that you are statistically at higher risk for blood clots and poor circulation. Would easily explain your numbness and cold feeling in your legs. Long hours of stationary sitting with unhealthy diet (eating out constantly) and genetic factors. I suggest you stop off at the nearest hospital ASAP to have it checked. A few hours wasted is better than a whole life wasted.

While there you can have them check for HIV to help put your mind at ease.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1272

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3