Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
jakemorales

Reged: 05/07/12
oral sex risk and delay testing
      #262932 - 05/07/12 07:33 AM

I'm a new member here. I would like to ask your assesment on my situation. I had an unprotected oral sex with a guy of unknown status about a month ago. I was the sucker of his penis. He ejaculated and then I swallow his semen. Do I have a risk for HIV infection? I want to get tested but my problem is I'm staying here in Saudi were homosexual acts are punishable by law. I'm afraid that If i get a test and they ask me for details that I had an oral sex with a guy they might inform me to the authorities. It's really prohibited here to do homosexual acts that is why I cannot get a test for now. Maybe if I had my vacation in the Philippines I will have my test there but that would be January of next year? What is the consequence If I delay my testing? right now I had mouth sore,cough and experience diarrhea. also have muscle twitches almost every night. I'm afraid I have symptoms of Hiv. Please advice me what to do? your response will be greatly appreciated. I'm very worried right now.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: oral sex risk and delay testing new
      #262936 - 05/07/12 11:49 AM

hi there and welcome. first of all, symptoms are unreliable, so don't take them too seriously. stress and anxiety can just cause more symptoms.

second, oral sex is a very, very low risk. the U.S. centers for disease control estimates the risk as 1 out of 10,000. and that's if the person is confirmed HIV positive. the guy of unknown status could be negative after all!

third, sorry to hear about the terrible laws. but when you get tested, you don't have to tell them all the details. if they ask, you can just say, no specific risks/reason, just general concern. nothing wrong with that. i doubt they will pry. and even if you tell them, will they really report you? that shouldn't be their job.

in any case, your risk was extremely low, so don't worry. take it easy and best of luck to you!

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

jakemorales

#262949 - 05/08/12 06:25 AM

Thank you so much for your reply. But what if I decided not to get a test? Do you think I'm not at risk?

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

#262955 - 05/08/12 12:05 PM

i still say you should get tested just so you know your status. especially if you've never tested before. but i wouldnt suggest testing over this one incident. which, again, is extremely low risk.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body

jakemorales

#262967 - 05/08/12 05:57 PM

Thank you for your advice. Actually this is the first time I had oral sex. I never experience sex before in my whole life, only this particular oral sex. I'm still young and just did it out of curiosity. But the person I sucked was older than me and that was the first time I met him We did it inside a salon. If you advice me not to take test with this praticular incident because this is the only time I had sex in my whole life. Then maybe I will not do testing anymore because as you said the risk is low. or Maybe I will postpone my testing and will do it during my vacation in january next year. At least there in the philippines it is an open country and not as conservative as Saudi Arabia. I hope I can now move on with my worries. Thanks again for your reply. This forum helps me a lot.

jakemorales

#262968 - 05/08/12 06:26 PM

Thank you very much for your advice. Actually this is the first time I had oral sex. I never experience sex before in my whole life, only this particular oral sex. I'm still young and just did it out of curiosity. But the person I sucked was older than me and that was the first time I met him We did it inside a salon. If you advice me not to take test with this praticular incident because this is the only time I had sex in my whole life. Then maybe I will not do testing anymore because as you said the risk is low. or Maybe I will postpone my testing and will do it during my vacation in january next year. At least there in the philippines it is an open country and not as conservative as Saudi Arabia. I hope I can now move on with my worries. Thanks again for your reply. This forum helps me a lot and given me information

jakemorales

#262986 - 05/10/12 08:04 AM

Hi Bartleby. I'm just confused with what I've read in other websites that it is risky to swallow semen. I become afraid again because I swallowed the semen of the man I sucked. I still want to test but afraid because I need to give my IQUAMA number (SAudi National ID) to the hospital stuff here. I heard a lot of stories that sometimes they report to police incidences of homosexuality acts. I think I still have to wait for my vacation to other country and have the test there. Do you think it is a right decision to delay testing?

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

#262990 - 05/10/12 12:08 PM

well whether you test or not, the window period for testing is 3 months. meaning, it can take up to 3 months after exposure before your body produces HIV antibodies (the antibodies that standard HIV tests detect), BUT people usually produce antibodies and test positive by week 4-6.

so either way, your test will have to be 3 months post-exposure to be considered conclusive. but i must reiterate that your risk was extremely low, even with swallowing.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3766

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3