Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
maakz

Reged: 03/23/12
BARBER INCIDENT
      #262875 - 05/04/12 03:53 AM

Dear doctor
The exposures  that I have are   very common  but  due to the difference in answers we read while googling,  I would like to hear from you doctor  to try to have a peace of mind.
first......................,
I been to a barber shop five days back. he did some shaving by a razor , then he accidently did a cut in my neck and there were some bleeding, then wiped the blood with a towel ,  with a blood on it .
  second..................
I was in the street and someone was talking to me and throwing saliva everywhere  while talking, and some came in contact with my lips where  had a cut lips as i always bite them( as habit) when i am concentrating in something .

my question:
Q- with a contaminated towel  with blood wiped against my bleeding neck, is that a risk
Q -how long the virus in a blood on towel could live? ((Because some says it remains infectious till the blood dries out (coagulates) after 20 minutes
Q-is the saliva on a lips cut is a risk?
Q-do I need testing ?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: BARBER INCIDENT new
      #262886 - 05/04/12 10:33 AM

Back in march you had posted another post about a non existent exposure risk, which sounded just as obsurd as this one. First I would suggest reading what is an isn't the ways a person can become infected with HIV. Then I would look at the reasons why you are obsessing over being infected.

You mentioned "we" read, meaning that someone is helping you with your delusions. My suggestion for that is to just come clean and tell them your real reasons for being concerned. Then go see a mental health professional to address why you are looking for excuses.

maakz

Reged: 03/23/12
      #262894 - 05/04/12 12:37 PM

I am sir is doing a counseling now, and befor the incident that was in march was about to be ended, this startd, I do not deny the mental side of it, and I am trying to over come this with help of good people like u

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #262934 - 05/07/12 11:27 AM

hello, i'm not sure about your post back in march, but for these two instances you wrote about, you do not have to worry about HIV.

wiping a cut with a towel, bloody or not, is not a risk.

saliva does not transmit HIV, so that is not a risk either.

for now, the only risks you should be concerned with are unprotected sex and sharing needles. both of which you can prevent!

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2219

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3