Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
paranoiafreak
Regular

Reged: 04/13/12
Help me, dying ! Is this hiv?
      #262844 - 05/02/12 06:49 PM

Doc i am experiencing burning, tingling, numbness of my sole feet and calves sometimes the legs, hands and palms and arms sometimes the upperarms and when i sleep at night, the burning sensation would involve my back, nape and back half of my head and also my lips. This started with weakness of both upper and lower extremities then burning sensation of the dorsal area of both feet and hands not including the sole and palms at first.Now it has gotten worst and involved a lot of parts of my body a month later.I also am having dry mouth for months now wherein my saliva is foamy and viscous and i have white tongue and what seems to be OHL at the sides. I have tested twice in december and january and both came back non reactive but i waas in doubt of the result considering the severity of my symptoms. Before all these, i experienced 3 months chills and lowgrade fever with nasal congestion but no runny nose which subsides by itself and 2 bouts of hives.

Could i be infected?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
nicole1992
Fanatic

Reged: 03/16/12
Re: Help me, dying ! Is this hiv? new
      #262860 - 05/03/12 01:07 PM

Everyone always says never to trust symptoms. You tested the first time back in December? This is May, 6 months since December. You're outside the window period, go test again. If it's negative then speak to your PCP about these symptoms and they'll be able to find the real cause of them.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #262863 - 05/03/12 03:02 PM

again, see your doctor if you are worried. but it's definitely not HIV. also, there's no way you are experiencing late AIDS symptoms. if you were infected a few months ago (which you were NOT), it would take YEARS before you progress to AIDS.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

paranoiafreak
Regular

Reged: 04/13/12
      #262876 - 05/04/12 04:43 AM

I was also tested in January and still negative. my last expisure was october protected and august, unpritected.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #262891 - 05/04/12 12:20 PM

protected sex is not considered a risk for HIV. your negative test result in January is reliable and conclusive. you are negative!

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1965

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3