Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
darkkangel

Reged: 04/30/12
help!!! waiting on test and scared
      #262789 - 04/30/12 12:12 PM

in late january this year, i stupidly had unprotected sex with a man i hardly knew, to get back at my boyfriend for cheating on me and giving me chlamydia. i know this was a dangerous act, and yes, i have learned from it, after being treated for chlamydia which i knew nothing about until the guy i had sex with told me he had caught something from me.

i had a test done two weeks after which i know is not valid, and negative. my bf tested after i told him what i did and he got a negative at 4 weeks. i have recently done a test now ive gone past the three month mark and after four days i am still waiting for my result. i phoned the clinic this morning to see if i could get my results but they said they are not allowed to pass information over the phone whatsoever. i heard from a friend that blood is usually tested on the same day itis taken, so if there was a problem, they would have notified me within a day or two but im not sure about that because they usually tell you to wait atleast a week for results.

after i had sex with this man i felt a bit unwell, no rash, a bit of a dry cough, headache, aching bones. my tongue has also been feeling a bit sore. i had some flaking skin on my palms but not sure if it was due to an alergy or not. three months on, i noticed a blotchy pin prick rash that appeared on my skjn after a shower and went after a day. ive also noticed my child has been coming up in rashes so it is possible to pass anything on through sharing a bath? i didnt think this was possible but now im worrying my baby could have caught anything i may have through bathing with me.i have had to have two courses of chlamydia treatment since the first tablets did not work so i am a regular visitor to the clinic, had other tests done for gonnorea, syphillis etc all negative. just waiting on the hiv test. i have challenged the guy i had sex with and he says he does not have hiv and told me i am the risky one for sleeping with two different men in a short space of time. so does this mean he is not trying to lie about his status and he really is negative? i asked him yesterday what his test results were and he didnt reply.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1259

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3