Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
kankanoo

Reged: 04/28/12
am i infected
      #262724 - 04/28/12 08:07 AM

i have a terible itchy like biting sensation, hair falling, hairy coated and cracking tongue and swollen lymph nodes which result from nails scratch i got from a hiv+ woman. i tested negative 12 times in 15 months but symptoms still getting the worst, and this is my 16th months from the inccident, i did an hiv test from a public clinic but now close to 3 weeks and still not get answer yet. plz i ur help adviser, just a few words i ll appreciate.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: am i infected new
      #262731 - 04/28/12 09:15 AM

Hair loss is not a symptom of HIV. Nor is a scratch even remotely considered a risk for contracting HIV no matter the circumstances surrounding it. There are no what ifs with a scratch by nails. That said thanks for making it scientific fact cause you have tested umpteen times in as many months and still prove to be negative.

Hair loss is a sign of stress. And so is swollen lymph nodes. Though I doubt that you actually have swollen lymph nodes. It's probably something else you are mistaking for them. As far as the white tongue again stress can cause this. So can poor hygiene and smoking.

Congrats your negative if you are that concerned about your health go see an actual dr and have them take a look. Rather than waste the people at the clinics time with a proven non exposure risk.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #262734 - 04/28/12 09:21 AM

Believe your test results and relax and the rest will subside.

Stillnumb

Reged: 12/15/11
      #262748 - 04/29/12 01:50 AM

a nails scratch? seriously?!?!?!? spend less time worrying and more time educating yourself.

kankanoo

#262768 - 04/29/12 09:26 AM

thank u for answering my thread, i forget to mention 1 thing where exacly i got scratch, my skin was broken bcause after three days is when i saw all her fingers on my back and there were very deep, im serious, i saw her hand in her mouth, im sure she was trying to scratch her mouth to get some blood and there was blood on her nails as she was fast to scratch me. that was a very big mistak i made as i was topless and i didnt know much about HIV. the 1st symptoms after 2 months was like things running all over my body from the botom to the top, itchy, no bumps. at 6 months started hair loss easy to break, is also when i did my 1st LABO test result non-reactive and had a finger test every month negtv. at 14 months i went to see a dermatolog who told me that it scabies not hiv as i was over the window period. i started scabies lotions treatment, these bitting sensation are trying to desappear, hair is getting strongr but not growing back yet and no change in my mouth. any sick can be diagnosed by symptoms but why not hiv? there are alots of proof on the net which show the sign of hiv, the CDC have said that hiv dont die in the hair and a broken skin can lead to the infection. Really my symptoms got nothing to do with HIV? what about my tests result maybe are not liable? my inccident happened in DEC 2010, and had labo test twice june 2011 and january 2012 non-reactive and had many finger test under this period all negatives. last month my 15th one i did a finger test negative but the same clinic at the bigining of this april they perform me another blood test recommanded by the doctor and told me that they ll call me, now gng to 3 weeks never get answer yet. really nothing i can worried about hiv?

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #262774 - 04/29/12 12:48 PM

I'm sorry what part of under no what if situations would you contract HIV from a scratch wasn't I clear on? Oh that's right the part where the 16th test makes all the difference. Whether you realize it or not you are inaccurately reading what you claim is on the CDC website. Any cut that would be at risk for possible (notice I said possible not definite.) infection would be large enough to require stitches.

Let me ask you a question. If you are so sure its HIV how did it slip 15 tests? Why is your skin problems getting better on scabies treatment? And why are you still having symptoms after the initial infection stage? Cause remember the CDC also says (along with the millions of people who actually have it) there are no symptoms of infection for years after the initial infection period.

kankanoo

#262784 - 04/30/12 02:37 AM

hi ppl, im really sorry about my posting, but its not so easy to cop with such symptoms when there was blood issue and when others tested positive with the same symptoms. im here to get help from U as u have enough experience about STI and STD. on the other hand im 60% sure that it might not be with all my neg result but when i see the symptoms changing all the time, it shows that something is wrong with my body and i dont want things to be late with me before i can regret my life. sometime u have to understand that doctors are doin nothing for us if u dont fight for ur own, spend ur money and get what u want. im in pain, i have a breathing heavy on the chest/stomach problem, trush which is yeast hiv symptoms. i need to know exacly what is my next step to find a solution and get better than living in this condition, i never had these feelings, it shows there is a problem and im sure with ur knowledge u know what is causing this, plz help me and find a solution. what kind of tests do i have to take? again what is confusing me is some of my friends are also suffering the same desease and 1 was pos+ from the oral test but he never talk about his confidential report, and it like the whole comunity are suffering from this desease but u have to know where im standing on, Im in S.A where the STI is just next to u. is in nails scratch i got this things, so i dont juge others, pls advisers i really need help.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1985

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3