Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
nicole1992
Fanatic

Reged: 03/16/12
Viral Infection?
      #262263 - 04/04/12 07:43 PM

My primary care physician asked me to come back in a few weeks after my initial appointment at the beginning of March to check on the swollen lymphnode. My lymphnode is still swollen but it fluctuates in size so my doctor said she doesn't believe it could be cancerous (but is having me go and get an ultrasound on it) and suggested it was a viral infection. She suggested mono and said that often people don't get sore throats or rash and it's possible thats what it is so she has ordered for me to go get tested for mono and taken a epstein-barr test. She asked me if I thought it was anything but I was too chicken shit to say what was on my mind. She said she believes the feeling of having to cough and the slight headaches can be allergies. I'm kinda nervous since she said it was more than likely a viral infection because I was putting all my eggs into the the basket that made me think it was because of my teeth.

I said in my previous post that I went and got a rapid hiv test and an EIA hiv test done on the 39/40th day since possible exposure and I tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis which came back negative.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 779

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3