Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
terra24

Reged: 04/03/12
extremely concerned about HIV.
      #262224 - 04/03/12 12:09 PM

hello everyone and thanks in advance for reading my post. i am extremely concerned about HIV at this point. i am a female its been 5 weeks since i had unprotected vaginal intercourse with a guy who's hiv status i dont know. the week after the exposure i experience a body elevated temperature that lasted about 2 weeks but i kept measuring it and it was 36 Celsius which the doctor said its not fever. For the past two weeks I have had generalized body itching, it seems as my skin is really dry and itch everywhere, I suffer from acne in my face normally but lately I been breaking out really bad in my face and a few pimples in my shoulders and thighs. Also I have had some tingling in my fingers and toes and tingling sensations all over joints in my body. Today I woke up with a cold sore inside my bottom lip only one, but i dont know. Oh and I am getting frequent headaches i dont know if they could be from stress.. Lately my days are spent thinking about HIV 24/7. I have had two HIV test done one at 2 weeks (blood) and one at 30 days (oral swab antibodies) and they were both negative, I am testing again at 6 weeks, but I am really freaking out!, any advice would be very much appreciated! i feel like i cant go on with my life..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sergio333
Grand Master

Reged: 10/03/11
Re: extremely concerned about HIV. new
      #262225 - 04/03/12 12:57 PM

Anxiety causes all these symptoms. Try to remain calm.

terra24

#262227 - 04/03/12 01:48 PM

oh thank you! but i have never had all those symptoms all together in my life before and i have had bad concerns before...... im terrified!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #262229 - 04/03/12 03:14 PM

compare your past bad concerns with this concern , which would you think was greater and compare circumstances that surrounded them also . Which would you say would of left a greater impact on the rest of your life. So do you now see that this new stress differs than that of the past? Just something for you to look at. I personally see worrying as a rocking chair . It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere. There will always be things in life that one can worry over . Accept the things you cannot change , the courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

sergio333
Grand Master

Reged: 10/03/11
      #262238 - 04/03/12 09:51 PM

If this keeps up, you will have worse symptoms. Anxiety kills.

terra24

#262247 - 04/04/12 01:44 PM

i know anxiety is horrible! but what do you think are my chances of keep testing negative if i tested negative at four weeks??

thankss!!!!!!

terra24

#262421 - 04/11/12 10:06 AM

hello again, i got tested on my six mark and it came back negative, problem, is i keep having symptoms, now i been feeling my nose congested in the morning and im back to the body elevated temperature when i measure it 37 degrees celsius. also i been checking my tongue and it looks as if its inflamated a bit, when i brush it it bleeds very mildly. i went to my dentist and she said everything looks fine and its probably a sign of a bad indisgestion or something spicy i ate, but its been like that for days! i just dont know/.... im back to worrying...............:(

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #262423 - 04/11/12 10:23 AM

Sweetie first you have to just calm yourself down. Your getting yourself so worked up that your body is reacting. Focus on the fact that your 2 prior tests came back negative. Don't fret over the next one that your going to have, . The change of seasons does havoc to our skin. And your probably biting your lip in your sleep. Your doing that which you feel you need to , now just relax and see this all as a lesson learned. " Worrying is like a rocking chair gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere." Believe me I know what its like having to wait. I'm waiting to see my hep dr about going on Hep c treatment for the 3rd time. Am I going to worry ? NO. Am I concerned? Yes. But that is two different things. You can be concerned hon but don't worry. I'm sure it'll continue to be negative. .Stay in touch with me if you want .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2442

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3