Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
dontbelieveit
Grand Master

Reged: 03/25/12
Just went to the doctor!
      #262031 - 03/26/12 07:49 PM

Just went to the doctor about all these bumps I have in my face. I was convinced it was recurrent oral herpes but the doctor says it doesn't look that way. She prescribed some ointment so I'll see how that goes. I don't believe it's acne I believe it's recurrent oral herpes. She said oral herpes is usually on the lips or lips mucous membrane but I don't believe that. I believe it's herpes. But we'll see. Seems like I have totally gotten to the point of not believing doctors. I have my mind fixed on this. And I've been tested two times both negative. Other than the bumps around my mouth I'm having some issues with my nervous system which is scaring the hell out of me. I plan to go to the doctor to get a full check up when I go to the doctor. I'll keep you guys posted!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dontbelieveit
Grand Master

Re: Just went to the doctor! new
      #262036 - 03/26/12 08:54 PM

I believe these doctors will tell you anything to get you out of their office so that they can get home. Sad but the truth!

nicole1992
Fanatic

Reged: 03/16/12
      #262038 - 03/26/12 09:32 PM

Didn't you say you thought you were exposed to HIV over two years ago? They say HIV shows up in your system by atleast 6 months, if you actually do have HIV and it hasn't shown up in 2 years on a test then you're probably like the first person in history with that issue. Go to a different doctor, maybe a Planned Parenthood, and get a blood test done or go to a doctor who can do an ELISA test for you.

These things are all over your face? Is that how herpes works? I thought they were in your mouth/face/genital area?

dontbelieveit
Grand Master

#262039 - 03/26/12 09:44 PM

Yeah. I plan to go to the doctor to get a full check up when I go on vacation next week.

nicole1992
Fanatic

Reged: 03/16/12
      #262041 - 03/26/12 10:16 PM

Yeah, you should do that, sweetie. When you go you should tell them your fears and you should probably mention that you've been extremely anxious and stressed over this because maybe your symptoms are caused by stress. I'm currently within the window waiting period and I can totally get how stressful this is. I hope everything is okay Good luck!

dontbelieveit
Grand Master

#262042 - 03/26/12 10:19 PM

Thanks a lot! Hope all goes well with you as well!

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #262058 - 03/27/12 11:33 AM

dontbelieveit
Grand Master

#262059 - 03/27/12 11:54 AM

You know what AIDS2HIV, I would really appreciate it if you would stay the hell off my posts. I am not looking for anyone to taunt me. Looking for support of which I thought this forum would provide. If you don't have anything nice or supportive to say, don't comment on posts!!!!!!!!!

BodyBurger

Reged: 02/26/12
      #262115 - 03/29/12 06:05 PM

AIDS2HIV -

I have to admit your post was creative as hell. I'll give you that much. But based on what she wrote, I wouldnt be so hard on her. I have a friend who gets herpes looking sores all over her cheeks and im convinced theyre herpes too. Only an idiot doctor would say herpes only appears on the lips. That just shows you how uneducated some of these people are.

As for money and office visits - they do want her in there. But guess what? She's right. They also want her out as quickly as possible. So nothing you wrote disagrees with her. Sorry you basically complemented her statement with yours. Get the person in, get the office visit fee, and get them the hell out as fast as possible so the next person can come in.

Doctors are RENOWN for rushing people and "poo poo'ing" their concerns in a superfast hypercrazy 30 second conversation that solves nothing, and doesnt allow the patient to discuss their concerns or history at all. Because of that, I can not stand most doctors.

Rather than making a retarded comment about where herpes is supposed to show up, the doc should have done a culture on one of the lesions and kept his mouth shut until the results come back.

In the meantime... original poster ... go to Walgreens and get some abreva and put it on there. Let it sit on there and reapply throughout the day. If its Herpes type 1, this should help immensely. It could very well also just be clogged swollen enflamed sweat glands or follicles.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1700

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3