Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
dontbelieveit
Grand Master

Reged: 03/25/12
Worried Crazy!
      #261982 - 03/25/12 01:12 AM

OK! It began three years ago I guess. My kids father and I got tested. Both results negative. We seperated for a year afterwards and got back together. No telling what he had done during that year???? Two years ago, I had a 24 hour bug that resembled the flu but didn't pay it any mind because my kids were sick and I figured I got it from them. A few months after him and I seperated again and I had unprotected sex with this guy that gave my chlamydia and a yeast infection. After that never had unprotected sex again. I had protected sex with this new guy again and had bacterial vaginosis and a yeast infection. Got treated but noticed that everytime I would wash my vagina with Dial soap it would burn and itch so I stopped using dial and the itching and burning stopped. A month later I went to the dentist for a routine check up and found that I had a peridontal disease that my dentist seemed extremely worried about asking if I had diabetes or heart disease. That was it for me. I began having neurological issues. Tingling and numbness and hands and feet, loss of appetite. I finally got tested in December of 2011, negative. Still don;t believe it because now I'm having pains in my elbows and constant twitching and prickling throughout my entire body, mostly my feet. I've even felt crawling sensations in my head. Now I'm getting blisters around my mouth. Not clusters but one at a time. When one goes away here comes another. So I figured this is due to suppression of my immune system.Got tested again yesterday...negative. I have been using the same test (clearview) at the same clinic. Now I'm wondering if I need to go to another location and use another type of test. Maybe the test isn't being administered correctly. Maybe I have a strain that isn't being detected by this test. Would do you guys think? Please help!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dontbelieveit
Grand Master

Re: Worried Crazy! new
      #261983 - 03/25/12 10:47 AM

I also forgot to tell you all that Ive been taking 1000mg of B12 almost everyday because I read that B12 can be the cause of neuroligical issues in HIV patients and I applied abreva, the topical medication for cold sores all around my mouth because it says it can prevent future outbreaks but it doesn't prevent them. I know I need to see a doctor and I could be making my situation worse by diagnosing myself. Please somebody respond!

max123

Reged: 03/04/12
      #261984 - 03/25/12 11:15 AM

hey am not an expert...but have you ever heard about a disease called HTLV?check for it. you will be fine....tc!

dontbelieveit
Grand Master

#261986 - 03/25/12 11:26 AM

Oh God! I'm really freaking out now. I know something is wrong with me but I can't just can't get HIV out of my mind. My symptoms are too similar to HIV. Do you think I should get tested again?

max123

#261987 - 03/25/12 11:32 AM

did u test for HTLV?if you are negative for hiv its negative...dont worry about hiv.

dontbelieveit
Grand Master

#261988 - 03/25/12 11:34 AM

No I didnt test for HTLV. I didn't know HTLV existed. Never heard of it. But you think its some sort of virus. Oh God! I'm really freaking out now. Do you think I should ask for some special HIV test????

dontbelieveit
Grand Master

#261989 - 03/25/12 11:39 AM

I just don't understand why I have to go through this. Why would I keep getting false negatives. I don't understand. Everyone that I talk to about this thinks that I'm crazy because I keep talking about it but am getting negative results. I don't understand. The people at the HIV hotline know me when I call. They keep saying trust your test results. But at this point that is very hard to do.

max123

#261990 - 03/25/12 11:42 AM

its retro virus..how long have u been having symptoms?your gums are bleeding? what are the neurological symptoms you have?

dontbelieveit
Grand Master

#261991 - 03/25/12 11:46 AM

My symptoms began in August so a few months now. My gums aren't bleeding. But I have a history of peridontal disease in my family and I have braces on my teeth so I figured that contributed to it. The neurological symptoms I'm having are numbness,tingling and prickling in feet. Numbness in hand. Twitching eye and fingers. Muscle twitching all over body and even weird feelings in my head sometimes.

max123

#261992 - 03/25/12 11:54 AM

ok.so how did u know there was some thing wrong?did u do a full blood count?any deficiency of wbc s?and you stressed about this too much?some times stress cause these symptoms?do you feel tired unusually?skipped heart rates?dry mouth?dry eyes?unusual patches in your eyes?

dontbelieveit
Grand Master

#261993 - 03/25/12 12:00 PM

No I have none of those symptoms. What are those symptoms related to? And I didn't do a full blood count. I went to one of the local clinics to get the rapid test done twice. Both negative but I don't believe the results. I know something is wrong because my body has changed significantly but I'm so afraid to go to the doctor. I have three boys to raise. What am I going to do. I know that there are so many meds out there for HIV that can assist in having a long healthy life, but I'm scared. I have butterflies in my stomach now. I'm scared!!!!!!!!!!!

max123

#261994 - 03/25/12 12:08 PM

hey do not panic or scared. you dont have hiv for sure. those symptoms can be resulted lack of immunity some times. have you been stressing out because of this?as i told you stress and anxiety causes those symptoms too but not the gums you have.how often you are having the numbness in your hands?both hands or just in one hand?do you have muscle soreness, loosing weight,weakness of your legs?

dontbelieveit
Grand Master

#261995 - 03/25/12 12:15 PM

Hey Max123
Thank you so much for replying to my posts. But how can you say I don't have HIV "for sure"???? What if that test isn't catching it? I dont have weakness in my legs. I have been really really stressed about this. I feel like I'm more stressed now than I've ever been in my entire life. I'm totally freaking out. I'm scared. What should I do???? I did lose weight when I started stressing out about this because I lost my appetite completely. But I've gained that weight back because I started eating again. I am not myself. I have been so depressed. I don't know what to do. What should I do?

sergio333
Grand Master

Reged: 10/03/11
Re: Worried Crazy!
      #261996 - 03/25/12 12:22 PM

Hello friend, your last test was how long after their last exposure?

max123

Re: Worried Crazy!
      #261997 - 03/25/12 12:22 PM

calm down...you are good. cos tests are negative. be happy. try to do a full blood count. discuss the results with your doctor.try to find a way to do a htlv test.forget about this and live happily.oh how often you get the numbness in hands?both or in one hand?some times stress cause all these problems.
keep posted.tc!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7081

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3