Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
johnb82

Reged: 03/09/12
Possible HIV infection?
      #261739 - 03/09/12 08:46 PM

Hello. About 5 months ago I did something stupid and had unprotected sex with a girl I didn't know so well. Immediately after I got scared but hoped nothing bad had happened so I chose to neglect the situation. A little more than 6 weeks after that encounter I got sick for a few days. The main symptom that persisted for maybe about 10 days was diarrhea, while during the first days I had a series of other symptoms that did not last as long:

- diarrhea for maybe 8-10 days
- headache for 1 or 2 days
- night sweats during the first night
- joint/muscle pains for the 1st day
- a sudden rash that came before all the other symptoms and disappeared in about 30-60 minutes.
- probably fever

I should say that after the 1st day I took some painkillers, so maybe that's why most of the symptoms did not persist. I had not vommiting, sore throat, phlegma or any respiratory issues. Unfortunately, I was not familiar with ARS so I just thought it might be flu or gastroenteritis. Recently I discovered accidentaly about ARS and I have been losing my mind. I have taken a blood test, specifically asking for an HIV test as well, but the results are going to be ready on Tuesday and I think I am having a panic attack.

I also see that girl often and one of her eyes has been constantly pink lately. I looked it up on the internet and it seems like conjunctivitis, which apparently might be cause by a virus like HIV.

Do you think I am right worrying about it so much, given my and her symptoms, the timing of possible ARS and the fact that we did not use a condom? It is the only time in my life I have not used a condom (except for 2 girlfriends) and I am really losing my sleep about it. And it's still 3 days until Tuesday ... Thank you very much for any information.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Lake3526

Reged: 03/10/12
Re: Possible HIV infection? new
      #261745 - 03/10/12 04:51 PM

Hello, ARS symptoms usually take 2-4 weeks. Although I'm sure it can take 6 weeks. Symptoms are really no way of detecting HIV. They very in everyone. I really think your ok. Can you ask the girl her status? It will ease your mind while you are waiting. Good luck and I think your ok

shorty_rod

Reged: 03/30/12
Re: Possible HIV infection? new
      #262269 - 04/05/12 01:02 AM

It is understandable that you are really worried about this. But only testing will tell you for sure and give you an answer you need. Also, have a conversation with your partner about getting tested so you both know your status. Look at this site i found www.std-tests-r-us.com.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1661

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3