Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
isittime

Reged: 11/03/11
Loc: CA
ARS and Antibody's
      #261531 - 03/01/12 10:48 AM

I read lot of posts about symptoms and window periods. Is it not logical to think that if a person has symptoms associated to ARS that that is when the antibody's would build and a test soon after would seroconvert?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: ARS and Antibody's new
      #261536 - 03/01/12 05:58 PM

It would be a great assumption if you lacked basic understanding of viral infections and biological responses. Viruses do not cause symptoms your immune system does. Hence why so many viral infections present as flu like symptoms not just HIV. You have tested negative with symptoms so you have antibodies but not for HIV. Move on.

isittime

#261539 - 03/01/12 09:15 PM

I actually worked for a major California university studying arbor viruses such as West Nile and other vector borne illnesses for many years so I do have plenty of understanding thank you very much. You misinterpret what I was saying and take a condisending tone to boot. I was saying if the symptoms were ARS... as in related to HIV infection then this is the time that antibody's would be developing. I'm willing to bet that my backrground in clinical research related to emerging desease is a little more than what yours is. Yes symptoms are the immune systems response to the infection therefore the infection presents with symptoms. I'm not talking about myself here either I was addressing others that are posing these questions, again, you misunderstand what I was saying. Perhaps understanding what your replying to would be of help to you.

kicker

#261540 - 03/01/12 10:00 PM

And maybe a course in English would help you present your "advanced" knowledge in virology and help you realize you don't pose a statement with a question mark. Otherwise it becomes a question. It might also help you formulate a clear and precise statement rather than ramblings. So people like me with very little knowledge as you have gracefully concluded can comprehend your godly knowledge.

Please accept my humbling advice in your advanced knowledge of viruses. Just a question if you have such advance knowledge of viruses why did you test so much and don't believe that the symptoms you have aren't HIV related? Just calling bullshit.

isittime

#261542 - 03/01/12 11:39 PM

I tested in February genius and plan on taking it to the full 13 week time frame as recommended by almost everyone on this site, so tell me smart ass, how is that ďso muchĒ? I test every year, or earlier if something occurs between if I feel it is warranted because thatís what I do. Is that a problem for you? Not that it matters if it is.
I love jerks like you that like to make remarks about grammatical errors, like youíre some kind of scholar. I bet you feel real proud of yourself when see an error in someoneís spelling or grammar huh? I do have plenty education, more time in school than I would have liked, but I changed majors a few times. I have two degrees, one in business/accounting and one in biology, but I also do have a really bad keyboard on this lap top that moves words, letters, and even sentences around quite often while I type. I don't spend my time previewing posts, but sometimes I move them back sometimes I donít, but I really just don't care about what the likes of people like you think of what I say or how I say it.
I also didnít say you have little knowledge, I have no idea who you are or what you know, and donít really care to be honest. I just pointed out that I have experience with handling viruses in a BLS3 research laboratory under NIH funding infecting animals and insects, and doing necropsies and so on, and I did it for 9 years. So yes I do have knowledge of vector competence as well as vectorial capacity in relation to provirus transmission in regards to arbor viruses that you more than likely do not. Granted these are viruses in the ensephalitis family, but they are viruses just the same.
As far as symptoms go, as I said, they result from an infection or idesease of some sort. I didnít say the ones I had were necessarily caused by HIV, only that they could have been and that is why I tested when I did.
I know you are so right in everything you say and do so Iíll bow down to your supremacy and vast knowledge of all people and all things.
Oh, and by the way, have you ever heard of a rhetorical question? thats pretty much how it was intended from the begining. Not for you but for the people askig about window periods and testing for antibody's.

kicker

#261544 - 03/02/12 01:47 AM

You know I try really hard to be nice to people like you, but my frustration level with ignorance I will admit is not as high as it should be. You say you have degrees I really don't give a rats ass. You have no common sense or life experience. If you had either you would be capable of gathering information without coming here and touting your experience as this or that then asking dumb questions that are easy to look up. Need I remind you? Home access test, Neg Test at what I believe to be 9+ weeks. You also got tested in Aug of last year.

You also wouldn't be scared of non existent exposures. Here is a gem of yours:
Posted 2/27/12
To be honest I had a scare justified or not from that as well because I was thinking maybe some precum workied it's way in there or something and two weeks later I got visably swollen glands mostly on one side of my neck wich my Dr gave cephalex for and then after another few days I got badly coated tongue which I guess could be from the meds although I have never had it happen with that med before.

I have no problem with spelling errors or grammar, my problem is with arrogant asses that throw out stuff to puff their feathers when they are supposedly attacked. The fact you mentioned that you have a degree in biology only shows you are puffing your feathers and making a bigger ass out of yourself, because you should be smart enough to know these things or at least have the knowledge to look them up and not be afraid.

So please spare me and all of us the self righteous crap. When you are able to conquer your own fears and ignorance about HIV then post commentary that is "rhetorical" and try to help others. Before then give it a rest, your post was not only confusing and rambling it wasn't useful for anyone coming from someone who doesn't even know the basics of HIV transmission. That is my issue. There are enough wack jobs out there spreading misguided and misinformed information that confuses the hell out of people don't add to it. Quite frankly I am done with this conversation, so have at it. Call me all the names you want, I will sit here and laugh as I already have. Cause there is a saying, don't argue with an idiot they will bring you down to their level and win with experience.

isittime

#261557 - 03/02/12 10:49 AM

No puffing feathers or self righteousness here, you posed a question of my academic ability and I responded with truthful statements of my academic career. I've seen how you come on here and just snipe at people because you think you know it all. You don't, so lose the chip on your shoulder; you're a salesman for christ sake, and we all know how honest saleman are. There is a another syaing and it applies perfecty to you... "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" In this case I'd replace fool with ass. Typical internet asshat!

kicker

#261563 - 03/02/12 12:04 PM

Funny never have I once mention on here what I currently do for work try again.

Though I have mentioned on several occasions how I have worked with the mentally ill. If you'd like some resources pm me and I will get you the numbers.

Edited by kicker (03/02/12 12:10 PM)

isittime

#261569 - 03/02/12 05:32 PM

Well you list yourself as being in sales/marketing don't you?Unless you were not being honest., and I'm sure those numbers have been useful to you in the past so you may want to hold on to them for yourself in the future. You know, I thought you were done on this one. As you like to say "move on"

kicker

#261575 - 03/02/12 07:59 PM

Sales/marketing covers more than retail or burger flipping. Lmfao.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #261576 - 03/02/12 08:02 PM

WOW kicker, No need to remind me I want you on my team ! lol

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

riverprincessModerator

#261577 - 03/02/12 08:08 PM

You two crack me up .lolo Wonder who is going to tucker out first? perhaps just calling it a truce would suffice guys. The piss puddles are going to shortcircut my keyboard. lol

--------------------

kicker

#261578 - 03/02/12 08:09 PM

@riverprincess. Always am.

Guys like this come around ever few months always know it all and are so scared they are infected by some strange and obscure way then try to "comfort" others while in the middle of their own crisis. And heaven forbid anyone call them on it. I'm having fun I think it's funnier than hell. Now it just entertainment to me.

riverprincessModerator

#261581 - 03/02/12 08:21 PM

Well how about I just tickle your ribs under your armpits

--------------------

kicker

#261583 - 03/02/12 08:30 PM

Lol yeah being an asshat makes me immune to tickling. Lol

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5163

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3