Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
hello1234
Regular

Reged: 02/07/11
Testing window question...
      #260851 - 02/02/12 08:24 AM

Hello all-

I had a scare early last year and was tested twice, once at 2 months and again around 4 months from my risk of exposure. Results both times were negative, and from all the information I gathered on this site and the resounding advice of the experts and users I assumed this was conclusive since I tested negative after the three month period had elapsed.

My question is: why when I was at the health center getting tested did the person administering the test tell me there was a 6 month window? This was early 2011 and I live in the middle of the U.S. Does anyone know? Just hoping someone has some input.

Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hello1234
Regular

Reged: 02/07/11
Re: Testing window question... new
      #260852 - 02/02/12 08:33 AM

And just to clarify-- both my tests were blood draws with a two week waiting period for results.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #260859 - 02/02/12 08:02 PM

Well if you add up the time frame of your 2 tests it comes to 6 months. And you say its been two years? , why are you still fretting .

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #260864 - 02/02/12 10:05 PM

if i make 100 dollars administering your test, and you come in clearly expressing doubt of the results and unwillingly accepting results.... do YOU think I would pass up the oppurtunity to make yet another 100 off you?....

Truth is....no matter what career field it is.... if you show the interest in "buying" what one offers...they will continuously show the interest to "sell it" ... Dr's arent immune to greed or corrupt activity, no one is.. you just gotta shop around and find one who is honest enough to not take advantage of you.
for example...pharmacy companies give kick-backs to Dr's who "endorse" their products, so ya go to DR he wants to put ya on something that ya hafta take daily for 7 days....even though there is something that will render the same results, in 3 days. if the results are the same etc...shouldnt you get whats gonna get ya over it quickest? Of course ya should...

another good example is going to the Dr for meds to treat the fllu or common cold.... You go in feeling miserable, get treated, get the meds, they will tell you it may take a couple days but you will feel better etc.... the office will want to set up a follow up apptmnt a week or so later..... so ya go home,take meds as directed. you get over it BEFORE that next apptmnt, you are back to your ol' self just like they said..... the high 90 percentile will keep the "follow up" even though THEY THEMSELVES KNOW ITS NOT NEEDED because they are over it. You arrive at the Dr office, they clearly see you are back to your ol' self when ya approach the check in window.... do you think they are going to look at you and say " save your money, go home, we wont see you"???? NO...they will see you AND get paid again. The moral to this, is theres a point when YOU KNOW whats best for you, and its up to you to do it. Myself...if i feel better and dont need the follow up, it gets cancelled. it's up to YOU to take control of your actions and reactions at some point, you just got to determine when that time is. NO ONE needs to continually test past the 3 month mark of a suspected exposure, unless they have continued putting themselves at risk since the time in question.

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

JCTLAMBERT
Fanatic

Reged: 01/02/12
      #260872 - 02/03/12 10:32 AM

windows are six months for cases in which the immune system is comrometido by ejemlplo people who have undergone organ transplants, cancer patients or injecting drug users, these cases are those that rely on immunological window six months, if your immune system was probably committed to six months if you are a healthy people and good habits, do not understand why you said that, however Realize tests at three, six months and then a year to leave of doubts and relieve your fears

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #260879 - 02/03/12 02:06 PM

Quote:

windows are six months for cases in which the immune system is comrometido by ejemlplo people who have undergone organ transplants, cancer patients or injecting drug users, these cases are those that rely on immunological window six months, if your immune system was probably committed to six months if you are a healthy people and good habits, do not understand why you said that, however Realize tests at three, six months and then a year to leave of doubts and relieve your fears

no offense, but why are you answering questions about transmission and testing, when you are in your own postings, do the exact same thing... I hope others see this as i do....YOU dont need to waste anyones time here, if you have answers to relatively the same type of questions for others, you have answers for yourself.

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
3 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1291

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3