Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Strid1
New User

Reged: 01/18/12
ARS Symptoms - So scared- Please help
      #260331 - 01/18/12 02:53 AM

I was really drunk and i performed oral sex on a female sex worker not knowing if she had her menstrual cycle or not and whats worst is that i have bleeding gums. Sadly to say exactly two weeks later i got this terrible headache which still persists until now, was feeling weak and neck was sore and was really fatigued and had chest pains. I could not eat for 2 weeks and lost weight. In week 3 i developed a redish rash on my inner thigh which was slightly raised but a little ittchy. I see that now in week six it is fading and skin becoming dried around it. Week 5 i had a itchy troat and it was like that for about 3 days and also developed a white coat on the side of my toungue and top. In week six my neck feels enlarged at the front again and kind of difficult to swollow.

Now the thing that really gets me scared is that my wive and i had been active after this. She had loose stools in 2 different weeks, a slight sore troat once and again yesterday, really fatigued for 2 weeks and still persists, slight head aches and the other morning she woke up and told me her arm was numb and she had no feeling , hot flushes and a dry cough at odd occassions. Strangly the same happened to me and my vision seems blurred.

I had went for a rapid test 25 days later which checks for antibodies and it was negative however the symptoms still persist and i know that it is somewhat accurate at 3 months. People say that i have had no risk because it is oral but how is it that people get HIV through oral sex? Also is it possible that the test would have picked up antibodies as i was feeling those symptoms?

I am so scared because all of these symptoms are occuring after 2 weeks and within 6 weeks. I do not know if i can go on with all of this....

Please advise please

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
durdenAdministrator
New User

Reged: 10/14/11
Re: ARS Symptoms - So scared- Please help new
      #260342 - 01/18/12 11:32 AM

The risk of contracting HIV via oral sex is very very minute and occurs only in the slimmest percentile of new infections. This is not to say it is impossible, just improbable. If you are still worried about your HIV risk, you may test conclusively after the three-month mark. But truthfully, you have a much higher chance of having contracted other STDs such as thrush, HPV, herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis in this manner than you do HIV. All may exhibit these same basic symptoms. This is why routine testing for sexually transmitted diseases should be standard for individuals such as yourself who may have multiple partners. Good luck.

Strid1
New User

#260345 - 01/18/12 03:02 PM

Hi

Thanks for your response, i actually feel as if i am one of those unlucky ones due to the symptoms described. Right now week 7 ,i still get headaches, raised lymphnodes and gland under chin seems sore.I feel a little flu-ish with a slightly sore throat and flem which makes it hard to swollow. Pins and needle feeling and general fatigue. White coated tounge for a few weeks now.Is this possible?
Just a stupid question : I am getting some painful lumps(Pimples on my shoulders and back and my scalp also is very itchy) Is that anything to be worried about?

durdenAdministrator
New User

Reged: 10/14/11
      #260348 - 01/18/12 04:54 PM

Everyone feels like the unlucky one. Everyone. It's the Murphy's law of health paranoia. You're much better relaxing and not over-thinking it as stress will take a toll on your immune-system and leave you susceptible to the same symptoms.

mariana
Veteran

Reged: 07/19/11
      #260351 - 01/18/12 05:23 PM

Symptoms does not mean having HIV.

I had 19 symptoms

I seronegative
My boyfriend (the risk) is seronegative.

your risk is low

The mean of the population has a positive at 25 days

I have the strong
you do not have HIV

a fourth-generation ELISA at 45 days the risk is inconclusive

by security retestea three months,
If you have no new risk does not change the result

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #260352 - 01/18/12 05:23 PM

This may sound harsh but you see I'm a wife and the fact that you did what you did then was with your wife is just plain WRONG. Also if she was on her menstrual, you wouldn't of wanted oral sex , you'd unless your even a bigger ass. Third it's more likely your guilt thats causing all these symptoms. And lastly if you ever do this again I will personally beat the crap out of you.l Too many wifes are getting infected by senseless husbands. Be the type of husband that you should be and count your lucky stars. And don't blame it on being drunk, then DON"T DRINK. You don't know how you can go on with this? You never really mention how you feel about you puting your wife at risk Be glad VERY glad that your not pos no matter what your experiencing. MAN UP !!!

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Edited by riverprincess (01/18/12 06:53 PM)

mariana
Veteran

Reged: 07/19/11
elisa 45 days of risk is conclusive new
      #260354 - 01/18/12 05:40 PM

forgive dont speak english

i was say elisa 4 generation ( antigeno p24+antibody) is conclusive at 45 daus of risk.
by security retestea three months,
If you have no new risk does not change the result

Strid1
New User

#260366 - 01/19/12 02:12 AM

Thanks Riverprincess

Glad you brought that up. To be honest i did not think that i might have been exposed until the symptoms. I do not drink after that expierence as i cannot control, it and came to self realization that it is not for me.Don't know how i can go on like this? The fact that i might have infected my wife is why i said that .I don;t care about myself right now. I actually think of suicide everyday to be honest. I pray to God everyday that i will be lucky to escape this incident being negative and surely i will be a better husband as i have never been more stressed in my entire life than this however the way i feel right now with all these symptoms makes me believe daily that i am affected and thats whats gets me down.

I need to wait until the 3 month mark which is a mission and for me that is another 31 days of pure stress and worry.

Whatever happens, i pray that God has mercy on my sorryful soul

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #260394 - 01/19/12 02:26 PM

Glad you responded in the way that you did. We all make mistakes,some more major than others. And true deep regret is where sincerity shows. To talk of suicide is not the answer. First of all it truly doesn't sound as though you infected yourself. Don't go by symptoms cause if you read many of these postings you'll see that many are under actions that do not justify being infected. Stress and nerves does havoc to our bodys and immume system.Lets play devils advocate and say you did get infected , and say you even infected your spouse, This is a PRETEND role play ok , would suicide help the situation? Would you leave your wife in this life to face things alone? I truly don't think so . I could easily blame my husband . but would that solve anything? no . Can your wife be furious , sure she could and rightly so , but forgiveness is powerful and to be truly sorry of ones actions is to be commended. God sees this and He will get you through whatever the outcome. But I truly do not see it as being poz but do see it for being pos. Do you understand what I'm saying? We must learn from our mistakes, thats how we learn. Contact me anytime .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Strid1
New User

#260421 - 01/20/12 07:27 AM

Thanks,

Guys is it still possible to continue with symptoms as 7 weeks. I have a horrrible sore throat and my headaches are on and off. My tounge is still white coated.

Please advise

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5990

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3