Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
scared123
New User

Reged: 12/27/11
please im so worried i will kill my self
      #259642 - 12/27/11 12:26 PM

i found out that this gut i know has aids,so i started to think if i had any reason to worrie ,so i rembered 3 weeks ago i was helping him install his car sterio and remember how the wires sort of poked me not to sure if they broke skin and not sure if he broke skin when he was playing with them before me, i keep going back to that day and and remember how i was going threw my trunk looking for a tool and not sure if i got poked with a fishing hook that i had laying arround and rember that i had him check my trunk also and hope he never got stuck with it before be but dont rember me geing stuck but im scared it may have happend like that.and i am thinking about other times like when his cat scrached me what if it scrached him right before me and how i usally have open cuts on my hands because of working what if my cut touched his im so mad that no one let me know he had aids i would have been more careful im the type that i wount be able to deal with it,the only good news is that i didnt know him too long for any other things to make the chances of me catching it moire higher.im geting runny nose and stomic pain im scared can i have got it from any of these things

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker
Veteran

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: please im so worried i will kill my self new
      #259644 - 12/27/11 05:05 PM

Must be the season for the worried wells to come out of the wood work. I totally get it, holidays, depression, anxiety, need to focus on things that aren't the real problem, but on things that will never be a problem.

You can always tell the difference to the story gets better and more complex as it goes on. But I will give you credit the fishing hook and wires are a first for me.

I've been stuck with both before, many many many times. Part of being a DYI'er and liking to fish. Lets start with the fishing lure. The odds that you both got stuck with the same fishing lure that was laying around in your trunk, astronomical, without you knowing. Most people would have said, "Hey that fish hook just got me that you have in your trunk," or "ouch," or "SOB," or "Who the hell left this *explicative* thing in here *blankity blank blank". They hurt, they cut deep and no one is not going to react to being stuck by one on their finger or any other part for that matter.

As far as the wires, no blood was drawn, and even if there was, it wouldn't be enough. And just because you go stuck by them doesn't mean he did, his hands may be rougher and more callused, those wires are small and pliable, which would make it tough to poke any rough skin. Again if it did there was no blood, its not a needle that can store blood inside, its a solid wire that would have been wiped of any blood when it was pulled out.

I am guessing the reason no one told you until later was because they knew you would behave this way. Worried about nothing and thinking everything they touch will give you HIV.

alive2
Regular

Reged: 03/08/07
      #259650 - 12/28/11 12:18 AM

if there wasnt blood transmission, i wouldnt be worried. maybe the reason you didnt know his status, is simply because theres no need for you to really know it unless your friend wanted you to know.
get tested, thats the truly only way of knowing your own status.
this is why more of a knowledge should be available to the general public, possibly manditory education on hiv/aids would be a good start to show the public, those of us with hiv/ aids wont transmit our, virus oon to the public by casual contact. if everyone worried this much, nobody would ever leave their homes or get near anyone. we would all be at arms length away form each other.
i beleive your worry is unfounded, but if your that worried, get tested, then you will be sure one way or the other.
as for wanting to kill yourself , thats not the answer for anything, many people have, hiv/ aids, but along we trudge to live our lives even with hiv. life is a gift and we all should be glad we are fortunate to be given this chance to live a life, many dont get the chance to

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #259663 - 12/29/11 10:14 AM

If these type of episodes freak you out then perhaps you may gain some good insight if you learned more about this so called illness and the ways it can be transmited from one to he other. I call it a so called illness because it is a managable thing and it really isn't as easy to contract as most people think. You can't catch it from sharing pens or pencils, toilet seats or being close to a sneeze. I'm not making fun of your fear , but it just shows how much people really don't understand and how much education is still needed in this world in regards to Hiv/Aids. I'm sure this friend would still like to be your friend. Are you willing to be friends and see this as an opportunity to learn about it all? I'm sure your friend would be willing to to share some knowledge .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2716

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3