Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
francisco23016

Reged: 11/23/11
What is my overall risk of get HIV?
      #259143 - 11/23/11 10:01 AM

Hi,

I am Rodrigo. I write because I have inquiries about risks of transmission of HIV. Three weeks ago, I had receptive and protected anal sex ( we used condom which did not break) with a guy whom has HIV (I realized of that the next morning of the intercourse). Also, I did fellatio to him (without condom), but there were not ejaculation, and when we were kissing ( eating a chocolate), he did a cut in the mouth lip. I did not have any cut in my oral mucosa, but I was receiving treatment for peptic ulcers because of Helicobacter Pylori infection. He was diagnosed by June 20th, 2011 ( when his viral load was 76,500 copies/ml). Since that time, he is receiving HAART with lamivudine-zidovudine-efavirenz twice daily, but he told me that there are some days ( at maximun 3) that he does not take the pills, but most days of the month he is adhering to the treatment.

When I realized of him diagnosis, I went to a doctor who gave me profilaxis about 18 hours post-exposure with lamivudine-zidovudine-ritonavir-lopinavir. My question is : What is my overall risk of acquiring HIV, taking in consideration all that I have described above?.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: What is my overall risk of get HIV? new
      #259145 - 11/23/11 10:35 AM

Your risk to begin with didn't merit Prep treatment (medication) Protected sex = no risk (unless there is a failure to use the condom correctly)

oral sex w/o ejaculation= extremely extremely low risk even with ejaculation.

kissing = no risk at all.

So to answer you question I am more than sure given your account of what happened...your overall risk of contracting HIV would be next to nil if not nil.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1066

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3