Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Noland123

Reged: 11/19/11
Lots of anxiety and worries.
      #259080 - 11/19/11 05:07 PM

I would like to first begin that this website is amazing and I've learned so much about HIV/AIDS through this site.

Everything started about 2 months ago. I met up with this girl that I've known for a while at the bar. We later ended up coming back to my place and we had sex. We started off with having a condom and after we were done i noticed the condom was broken. I didn't think anything of it until a week passed. I noticed 2 small open wounds on the shaft of my penis and one on my pubic area. I thought this cuts were from dancing at the bar.. It started to worry me. My neighbor was awfully sick at the time with coughing up blood for two days. I later noticed a small pimple on my forehead turned into a kinda a big area and i had a similar mark under my chin. I than put peroxide on all the open wounds and toothpaste ass well. They went away in a few days. The following week i felt like i was getting kinda sick I'm not sure if it was from the anxiety of possibly contracting an std or not. but the sickness literally lasted a few days no fever just sniffles and a light scratchy throat. A week later i had similar symptoms like my neighbor did and it was kinda freaking me out because i was coughing up phlegm just like how he was. I finally got over that without treatment from a dr. A few weeks later I had weird stomach pain and my burps had a sulfuric taste to them as well. I was eating chicken up to this point everyday twice a day. I don't if that's what caused it. I had dark stools for about two days but they went away. Eating hard boiled eggs would trigger the pain and it was accompanied by lose stools but wasn't diarrhea. Haven't had any symptoms at all since. I was doing research online of possible STDS one night and then oral thrush popped up i looked at my tongue and guess what my tongue had a white coating (month after possible exposure) not sure if its actually thrush but i went to the dr's recently and she didn't seem to notice anything abnormal. I recently noticed a swollen part under my neck feels like a little ball but I'm not sure if its an actual lymph node or not. sorry that this becoming so detailed I'm just trying to get everything out there. But for about a month now I've had a scratchy throat on and off and my ears feel clogged and I'm spitting and clearing my throat a lot. I've been having a lot of anxiety also and I've had a tingling sensation down my left leg and sometimes my forearm off and on but I went to the dr's for that and he said it could be from a back injury i suffered. Are all these symptoms of ARS or am I progressing really fast? My anxiety is at an all time high? Everyone says I'm losing weight in my face but I weigh the exact same..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Lots of anxiety and worries. new
      #259084 - 11/19/11 07:43 PM

Could you tell us if you are having a shaky left hand? It's important.

Starboy
Regular

Reged: 12/09/04
Loc: New York
      #259086 - 11/19/11 11:08 PM

I would see a doctor. I believe your not infected with HIV but you may need some other help

Noland123

#259087 - 11/19/11 11:17 PM

I'm going to the Dr's this week to get a professional opinion.. I'm not sure if any of the symptoms are related to ARS because I still have a scratchy throat after two months of possible exposure. I do have a history of bad sinuses possible post nasal drip? But what explains the other symptoms..ARS?

Noland123

#259088 - 11/19/11 11:18 PM

My left hand isn't shaky at all.

Starboy
Regular

#259089 - 11/19/11 11:20 PM

ARS doesnt last forever. I had it 2 weeks total. Sore back and felt like I was dying. Maybe you need a Flu Vaccine.

Noland123

#259090 - 11/19/11 11:29 PM

I never felt completely sick just feel like my body is trying to fight something off or prevent something. I still dont have a conclusion on the lacerations/ or sores on my shaft, chin and forehead and a random one on my stomach..

Starboy
Regular

#259091 - 11/19/11 11:39 PM

Those are NOT ARS symtoms

kicker

#259097 - 11/20/11 12:16 PM

Sulfuric burps/gas after eating hard boiled eggs as well as the trots afterward. I would say from my own experience that you may be allergic to eggs. That is how my allergy started off years ago, now I can't even put one to my lips without swelling up.

As far as the UPWs. You freely admit you drink. If you don't know what UPWs are ask around I'm sure one of your buddies will fill you in.

You're neighbor has a cold then a week later you come down with a cold of the same nature......weird shit man weird shit.

All your "symptoms" are explained by you but you still think it's HIV? And what website gave you the information that small random cuts are signs of this or any other illness?

Of course the only way to be sure is to go get tested. So I would suggest it since it will probably be the only way for you to put this to rest, hopefully. Quit reading things on the internet unless you get it from the CDC or this site or from a respected hospital site. Most of the information out there is outdated or totally bogus especially if you believe or were made to believe small random cuts a week later were some sign of an STD.

Noland123

#259099 - 11/20/11 02:49 PM

So basically ARS symptoms wouldn't last 2months after possible exposure?

kicker

#259101 - 11/20/11 03:26 PM

Nope and they wouldnt have started a few days after exposure either. Takes anywhere between two and four weeks to start having symptoms.
Takes time for any virus to replicate to a point that your body goes into overdrive and starts to give you symptoms.

Starboy
Regular

#259104 - 11/20/11 08:45 PM

I agree with you 100% my symtoms started about 2 weeks - 3 weeks from exposure and it is when your viral load is at the highest as the virus runs amuck taking over your immune system. It does go down after a couple of months after the initial hit but sooner or later it will star climbing back up again. Best to start meds sooner than later in my opinion so as to get into the undetectable area faster. I hope this knowledge is helpful should you ever become infected.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3489

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3