Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
lilywhite

Reged: 11/16/11
I think I might have caught HIV 2 months ago.
      #258947 - 11/16/11 06:36 AM

So, I'm a 32 year old woman and I think I might have caught HIV, but I also think I'm not thinking very clearly and I'm so scared I wake up shaking. I'm going next week to get tested.

Here is what happened. In September I broke up with my boyfriend, and was devastated. I still am. I ended up hooking up with an old high school boyfriend. We stayed together maybe 3 weeks, until the beginning of October. We had sex dozens of times, unprotected. He told me he was in love with me and I was like woah woah woah, I am in love with my ex boyfriend, and ended up breaking up with him and really breaking his heart. He took it really really bad. I wouldn't answer his calls so he sent lots of horrible threatening texts to my phone. Then he started sending texts to my phone that he had herpes ( he never had a mark on him an neither do I ) . Then it was herpes and HPV. Then it was HIV. This was all accompanied by "and you deserved to catch it from me too you @#$@#" . He sends me these texts every few days. I have never responded to any of them. This last week, it is him telling me he has HIV. He has also told some of our mutual friends that he has HIV and he gave it to me. If you haven't been able to tell, he is a very big liar and always told tall tales ever since we were kids. I also think he is slightly mentally ill. But that doesn't mean this isn't true. I really don't think he has been very promiscuous but he did have a past with shooting up heroin. One of the reasons I believe him is timing - it was about 2 weeks from the "I gave you herpes" to "I gave you HIV". This is the time it would take for the results of a test to come in. He was obsessed with me for a long time, and I really really hurt him, so he has made it his mission to harass me.

Symptoms.

Cold-like symptoms. I sneeze A LOT. stuffy nose, and I've had a headache for weeks and I usually don't get headaches. I guess I could just have a cold, and who wouldn't have a headache from all this. No sore throat or fever or swollen lymph nodes. The headache really never goes away but it is low grade. I also have type 1 diabetes so am susceptible to things like colds and the flu.

Yeah I know it was stupid to have unprotected sex. I never did that before except when I was married. I was very upset over losing my boyfriend and I guess I just didn't care.

I am just scared, and need someone to talk to about this. I want to ask an objective party if it sounds like he is full of crap, and if my symptoms sounds like infection.

Edited by lilywhite (11/16/11 06:54 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gmwill68

Reged: 08/04/11
Loc: Vermont
Re: I think I might have caught HIV 2 months ago. new
      #258951 - 11/16/11 08:11 AM

Hi Lily, So Sorry to hear your story. First let's start with your symptoms, they sound alot like stress symptoms from dealing with what and who you are dealing with. Secondly, Having unprotected sex merits Testing, regardless (in today's society) of partner/ex-partner has or hasn't disclosed HIV status. And thirdly this "ex" seems to be just a very jilted lover and in my opinion you did good to rid yourself of a life-time of heart break and misunderstandings.
AFA
Gary

hellfire

Reged: 10/04/05
Loc: fl
Re: I think I might have caught HIV 2 months ago. new
      #259039 - 11/17/11 09:57 PM

not to scare you or be the messenger of doom... but your story, is my story. bf, unprotected sex, he was an IV drug user (heroin)... please get tested. if you are fortunate enough to be negative, count your blessing & please please PLEASE learn from this. as far as your symptoms, i was completely asymptomatic. i never ever had one symptom at all. it wasnt until 8yrs after i was exposed to the ex that i found out i was positive. so symptoms dont really mean anything... some of us dont know & find out completely by accident years later.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3064

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3