Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
AnthonyMC

Reged: 11/07/11
Protected receptive anal sex
      #258820 - 11/07/11 08:53 AM

Hello.

I'm a heterosexual guy but more or less 2 months ago I did something I will never forgive myself for, regardless of whether I got infected with something or not: I had receptive anal sex with a transexual sex worker.

Now, the intercourse was entirely protected and lasted about 3 minutes After more or less 2 minutes the sex worker got out thinking the condom was broken, but it wasn't. Anyway it changed it and it put another one on.

After the intercourse I filled both condoms with some water to see if they were broken and they were both intact. What scared me though is that the outer part of the condom had some blood on, which means I had bled.

Before I also had protected receptive oral sex, but that doesn't worry me too much.

Since that day I've never had any FLU like symptoms apart some isolated mild night sweats that I usually have at this time of the year especially when I'm stressed.

I underwent a normal blood test some weeks ago.
WBC were at 4,63
Lymphocites 26,6% - total count 1,23

They were actually higher than a year ago.
ESR was low at 2

Frankly, how much have I risked? I am reading of people being infected while wearing a condom, how the hell is that possible?

Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Protected receptive anal sex new
      #258828 - 11/08/11 11:26 AM

It's not unless the condom was made of sheep skin, which is not common now a days. People lie so they can be victims rather than active participants. This is because there is a perception of less stigma if you are a victim of HIV than if you say just had a unprotected one night stand like every other normal adult has done.

The PERSON you keep referring to as "it" but had the pleasure of having sex with wore a condom and ensured that the condom was intact. You have no risk of HIV unless you are not telling the whole story. Don't confuse being confused about who you are and what you like with guilt and fear. Instead of punishing yourself with fears of infection in hopes you never experiment again (because someone told you you'd go blind or end up with hairy palms, or worse a beach house in Palm Springs painted pink) try just chalking it up to what exactly it was, exploration. If you liked it hey more power to you, nothing wrong with that. Human sexuality is gray not black and white.

Oh and one last thing, You can't tell if you have HIV by any other means but an HIV test. WBC and CD4/CD8 counts mean nothing, you need a antibody test to tell for sure. So go down to your local public health clinic and get tested. Even though according to your account you have nothing to test for.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7795

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3