Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worriedmom2b

Reged: 10/23/11
please helllllp!!!!
      #258671 - 10/23/11 01:24 AM

This might be a dumb question or maybe not. But here it goes. i am a mother of one and exPecting another child. Im wondering if its possible for HiV/aids to be transferred to me if i share a drink with someone one and i have some broken teeth? i know it cant be transferred torught saliva but what if there was a small amount of blood in the drink i shared. and wont my broken teeth leave a path to my bloodstream/ i am so scared!!!! is this possible?

Edited by worriedmom2b (10/23/11 01:32 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: please helllllp!!!! new
      #258675 - 10/23/11 10:39 AM

I'd be way way way more concerned about how the bun got in the oven for HIV risk than I ever would be from a cup of water. There IS NO CHANCE OF INFECTION. Unless of course you're a vampire and that cup had blood filling it's brim....then again it is the season for that sort of thing. Even a small trace of blood in a fluid from the other party would not pose a risk.

worriedmom2b

Reged: 10/23/11
Re: please helllllp!!!! new
      #258677 - 10/23/11 10:58 AM

thnak you for reply. i really appriciate you replying to my post,. My daughter and the bun are both from husband of 4 years! I was just worried Found out a close friend is hiv+ and i had remebered sharing lots of drinks with him before knew i was pregnant or he was hiv+. I had seen a bunch of things online about how you cant get it from saliva. I understand that. but i WAS (not anymore) worried about samll trace of blood in the drink. thanks for conframation. my husband said the same but i wanted advice from someone who knew the hard facts.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 827

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3