Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Storytellr
Unregistered

is 5 months long enough?
      #2578 - 04/04/00 11:37 PM

Ok, please respond. I put my penis in a girl for about 3 seconds. It was in a pool. I tested negative at 45 days and 5 months and some odd days. Do I really have to get tested at 6 months, the health dept. told me the window period is only 45-60 days. Anyway. help me please. i need to stop worrying about this. Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
"el"
Unregistered

Re: is 5 months long enough? new
      #2579 - 04/04/00 11:38 PM

Yes you do. I tested negative at 6 months. i will be testing again in the 7 or 8 months as well. It has been the worst 6 months of my life and i understand what you are going thru, but believe me it is a good idea to test at 6 months. Good luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2580 - 04/04/00 11:38 PM

I asked my doc the same question over a year ago. I tested at 5 months, and asked him if I needed to test again at 6. His response: "It's up to you, but if I were you, I wouldn't bother with another test." He also says that at the clinic he works at, he can't remember ever seeing anyone test positive past their 3 month test.

So, I guess it's up to you. If it'll buy you piece of mind, go for it. But in the meantime, remember it's probably not necessary (especially considering your risk), and that there's basically no chance of testing positive at this late point. Don't dwell on it; you'll drive yourself crazy.

Weston
Unregistered

#2581 - 04/04/00 11:39 PM

Hi Storyteller. Im Weston, yes the guy who went to a HIV + transvestite prostitute and she make up me. She used her make up stuff in my face and hence she touch me all over my face. We didnt have any kind of sex. We both stay in our briefs. I remember that for maybe two or three seconds I touched her briefs feeling his penis. I didnt actually touch his penis directly I touched his briefs. Then after finding out that he was indeed HIV + a lot of afraid got into me. I know, I know, you always hear only through sex contact, sharing needles, but then I tough what if she was bleeding and she touched my face and the blood got into my body through my eyes or through my lips? And then, what if when I touched his brief there was some precum that somehow got through his brief, (is actually easy) and then I touched my face with my hand with the little precum and that little precum got into my chapped lips or my eyes? I told that situation to 3 different people at the HIV HOTLINE in my country and they told me: its impossible, never, ...only if you had sex, Dr. Feinberg told me that the risk was EXTREMELY SMALL, and you Storyteller even told me to FORGET ABOUT HIV in your reply. Are you still thinking the same by the way?.

Anyway, knowing that the transvestite was actually HIV + i took a test at 3 months and it read: negative. I then took another test at 4.5 months in another lab and it read: negative. I have done a lot a lot of research over the window period. In my country the health department say 6 months, because they basically do as the CDC of USA says. Then I saw that in places like England, México, mostly of Spain, mostly of Argentina, Ontari (Canada) and France they say 3 MONTHS to get an accurate test. I spend almost a week browsing over HIV sites in France and the Health Department and other organizations and they insist that you have to wait 3 months to get an accurate test. They say that most of the people will have detectable antibodies at 1 month, but to be rightdown sure and for a thing of security you have to wait 3 months to get a conclusive result. In Ontario they say 15 weeks. I asked the Ontario HIV site and tell them about why they say 15 weeks and other places say 6 months? They say they work with the latest data and they say that an ELIZA at 6 months will not be more accurate than a ELIZA at 15 weeks. They also say they take the issue very seriously and that they wouldnt be telling all the people that without complete confidence. Just imagine the lawsuits. Many doctors in the USA as I have read say that 3 months is enough, and I found out in the body forum that some places like in Massachusetts they say even that 2 months is enough. Doctors say they know that with the current ELIZA tests the window period has been shortened. Dr. Mark Holodny and you can see that in the body forum is a firm believer of the 3 months test. He say that he cant make policies but that he have never seen a case of late seroconversion himself. Someone ask a question like is 18 weeks enough and not going to 24 weeks (same case like mine and like yours too)and he says its probably splitting hairs between 4.5 months and 6 months and that in all probability further testing its not required. Dr. Joel Gallant at the body forum and in JOHNS HOPKINS says he actually knows that the 3 months period is like 99% accurate but that maybe CDC is catching that 1% left. Other people say 3 months is +95%. Anyway, have you realized this? Your doctor and the health department told you that window was 60 days! Come on. I asked the chief microbiologist of the lab in my country about the window period and that the health department is telling you 6 months. He told me that he does not believe that. He told me that at 3 months is someone is infected it has to be shown in the test. Then I even asked him: Dr., what would you do in my situation?, if it was your life would you stay with the 3 months test? He told me: YES, go on, you can be calmed. I asked other two doctor and they told me mostly the same and I asked another doctor and told me even 2 months. I asked another doctor and told me 6 months. That most most people will get it at 3 months but there a very few few cases. I mean, StoryTeller, hadnt you think about the huge responsibility of this doctors, of places like your health deparment, of places like the NYC health deparments, of places like Ontario and on countries like France that tell people that at accurate test can be get it at 3 months?. Do you think they wiil be telling all this to all the people knowing that is not absolutely true? Just imagine the repercusion. And its sad. You and me are almost like in the same situation, 4.5 months and 5 months. And i think, what if we were French citizens and didnt know anything of English? We would be right now very happy with our negative 3 months test! What if we lived in Ontario? What if one of your neighboors believe your same doctor and didnt find this info of 6 months in the internet. Those toughts have been on my mind a lot. I got a negative test at 4.5 months, many people told me another test is not neccesary. Im getting married this december. I think im not going to take another test. Ive been having this sinusitis and post nasal drip but not much I think. Its really a mess this thing about 3 months or 6 months. What do you Storyteller and people think?

Storytellr
Unregistered

#2582 - 04/04/00 11:40 PM

Hi. I feel so much better now. I thank everyone who has helped me. I couldnt get this HIV thing out of my head. I am going to try and stop thinking about it now and wont be back at this site. Anyway. Good luck to everybody who worries or has worried about this.
Storytellr

Weston
Unregistered

#2583 - 04/04/00 11:40 PM

Please dont leave me like this Storyteller. Please at least give me your email we are pretty much in the same situation (window period). What do you think about my position I now need to hear from you. Please. I also many times try to stay away from this site but then again!. Come on.

Weston
Unregistered

#2584 - 04/04/00 11:41 PM

Please dont leave me like this Storyteller. Please at least give me your email we are pretty much in the same situation (window period). What do you think about my position I now need to hear from you. Please. I also many times try to stay away from this site but then again!. Come on.

Weston
Unregistered

#2585 - 04/04/00 11:42 PM

You people know whats the worst part? In USA people are always asking is 3 months enough? Its 100 days enough? How close is 4 1/2 months? How accurate 5 months? In France, for instance, people in their forums ask the same kind of questions but from their window period point of view. They ask: how telling is one month? I tested at 2 months do i really need to test at 3 months? I tested at 45 days, how accurate. And the answer: your probably right but for security you have to wait three months (trois mois) you have to wait at least three months...and stuff like this. The french people complain about having to wait three months! Man!. Canadian people say come on, why 15 weeks, why that long! Man. Argentinan people even say that 3 months is the maximum time. Im gonna ask French people about that but I dont know french that well. Anyway you people know what did the Ontario hot line told me. All that stuff about they take things very seriously and wouldnt be telling people 15 weeks is accurate knowing its not. Funny huh? People on the other side are telling if a 3 months test is really necessary!! Actually here in USA like I told you some health departments say 2 months but for extrasecurity 3 months.! Man, whats wrong? Funny situation about french people, all this people asking about why 3 months!

Dude
Unregistered

#2586 - 04/04/00 11:42 PM

Stop worrying. I've checked the literature. You can be 99.7% confident you are not infected. That's pretty good, right?

Ok, please respond. I put my penis in a girl for about 3 seconds. It was in a pool. I tested negative at 45 days and 5 months and some odd days. Do I really have to get tested at 6 months, the health dept. told me the window period is only 45-60 days. Anyway. help me please. i need to stop worrying about this. Thanks

Weston
Unregistered

#2587 - 04/04/00 11:43 PM

Dude, what about 4.5 months (18 weeks), what do you think??, Above all the things I said before, I have checked literature but what literature did you also see? Can you show me the internet address?

storytellr
Unregistered

why is my tongue white new
      #2588 - 04/04/00 11:44 PM

Ok, thanks for responding. I have one more question though, why is my tounge white, is this normal for a tounge. it doesnt hurt, and the stuff doesnt scrape of easily. its just like white in the back. is this normal or is this thrush???????

Weston
Unregistered

Re: why is my tongue white new
      #2589 - 04/04/00 11:45 PM

Storytleer you didnt answered my questions!!!! Coated tongue is what you have must people do. Thrush is different. Thrush is like little white patches on your tongue that CAN be scraped off often leaving a red or bleeding surface. Ok. Go check the HIV dental stuff to see.

But, Storyteller what about my opinion on the window period? What about my test negative at 4.5 months (18 weeks) would you calmed too?

Weston
Unregistered

#2590 - 04/04/00 11:46 PM

Dude, what about 4.5 months (18 weeks), what do you think??, Above all the things I said before, I have checked literature but what literature did you also see? Can you show me the internet address?

Storytellr
Unregistered

#2591 - 04/04/00 11:47 PM

Hey, weston... Im no doctor and by the looks of it, you had a very low risk activity. Me and you need to stop worrying about this and get on with our lives. As you have read in an above reply. most people test positive by 3 months or before. I find it hard to believe that you would have gotten HIV from this situation and tested negative all this time. Get over it as I am trying to. Just forget about it (easy to say) haha. you can email me at xryanx@hotmail.com if you need someone to talk to. Try and talk to your friends, or get some counseling. It really helped me.

Weston
Unregistered

#2592 - 04/04/00 11:47 PM

Thank you very much. Ill try to do it. Just as you. Bye and thanks.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4764

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3