Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
theman22
Regular

Reged: 05/01/11
losing weight
      #257275 - 09/04/11 01:46 PM

everyday i weigh myself. some days i weight 2 or 3 pounds less then ill weigh 4 to 5 pounds more then ill lose 3 or 4 pounds the next day. but i am def losing weight and i have not been doing anything lately. if anything i should be gaining fat weight from sitting here doing nothing and eating shouldnt i? when does hiv start to make you lose weight?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rustychaucer5968
Fanatic

Reged: 08/10/11
Re: losing weight new
      #257286 - 09/04/11 05:28 PM

theman22,

This is Rusty. I just wanted to ask you, did you get a recent HIV test yet? I think you should get an HIV test to reassure yourself. I just had another...my 7th HIV test which is a Clearview HIV rapid test and came back negative again. I am under 40mg of paxil, xanax, taking two types of anti-histamine for my post natal drip. I have the cold.

My son has more rashes, he has a sore in his mouth , and my wife has scaley hands. I really do not know what to make of this anymore. I am NEGATIVE, but my OCD is killing me.

How is your rash doing? About the loosing weight....maybe that is coming from depression and OCDing.

theman22
Regular

#257296 - 09/05/11 10:01 AM

well on the bright side you took 7 test and your still negative. maybe you should see your doctor and try to find out what is causing this cause i dont think that you could have 7 hiv test and all 7 be wrong. my rash are still here i use a steroid that my dermatologist gave me for now it looks like it is working ok. and for my losing weight idk im not depressed or ocding as much so idk what it is from its really weird though i weigh myself everyday and to see the numbers change by 2 or 3 pounds a day its a little weird

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #257298 - 09/05/11 11:12 AM

My god. Everyone has weight fluctuations daily. Read any weight loss article and it will tell you that you will see ups and downs daily hell you will even see changes from morning to night. But you dont have any mental health condition.

rustychaucer5968
Fanatic

#257301 - 09/05/11 06:30 PM

themad22,

I think you should take another HIV test just for your peace of mind. It may help you more than it helped me. I am still struggling with my OCD about HIV. But it is getting better. I am beggining to accept it...I hope.

theman22
Regular

#257306 - 09/06/11 08:54 AM

yea well everyone say symptoms mean nothing but yet when u have all these symptoms what does it mean then. my gf now has a sore throat for a few days she wasnt hungry at all yesterday she was completely exhausted yesterday for no reason and she is always tired and having headaches almost everyday

rustychaucer5968
Fanatic

#257314 - 09/06/11 06:34 PM

theman22,

I think you should take an HIV test to have a peace of mind. I had one on 9/2/2011 rapid test blood sample called clearview. It was negative. I am having recurrent follicultis which my skin doctor says it is staph folliculitis. I am having recurrent bronchitis, my son is havng rash, my wife is getting the cold, I just got the cold again.....I mean.....I come to realize and accept that what I have may not be HIV.

So go get tested. Good luck friend!

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #257318 - 09/07/11 09:50 AM

negative test result well past window period means you're negative. symptoms could be caused by a LOT of things, but definitely not HIV, since you have ruled it out. HIV is not the only disease out there. weight fluctuations, sore throat, lack of appetite, fatigue and headaches: all very common. not specific to hiv.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

theman22
Regular

#257319 - 09/07/11 10:20 AM

i understand what your saying. but the problem is. most of my problems dont go away. i have a sore throat every morning after i drink something it goes away but for the rest of the day it is tight. my skin use to be perfectly fine now all of a sudden i start getting pimple/bumps on my skin. i have had a rash on the back of my fingers that will not go away. ive been to two dermatologist and a regular doctor they all say its eczema but it looks like nothing anything ive seen of eczema. it doesnt itch or bother me it just looks weird. ive tried 4 different ointments that have done nothing. its been on the back of my fingers for about 8 months maybe longer. on the back of my finger where you bend your fingers its turning my skin pink. its not vitiligo. my girlfriend who i mentioned i might have given hiv to if i did have it unknowingly of course is always having headaches on and off sore throats extreme fatigue. i know you say my negative test is negative but it is just hard to accept it when this stuff keeps happening.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

#257320 - 09/07/11 12:28 PM

symptoms are just clues. test results are proof. you don't have any HIV antibodies because you don't have HIV. again, you have ruled it out and there's no need to keep looking for HIV. you're not going to find it no matter how hard you try.

on the other hand, as i said, your symptoms are very common. they also fit mono.

Signs and symptoms of mononucleosis may include:

Fatigue
Weakness
Sore throat, perhaps a strep throat that doesn't get better with antibiotics
Fever
Swollen lymph nodes in your neck and armpits
Swollen tonsils
Headache
Skin rash
Loss of appetite
Soft, swollen spleen
Night sweats

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body

theman22
Regular

#257322 - 09/07/11 12:56 PM

i only have some of those symptoms not all. and i doubt its mono because i have been to the doctor for all my problems throat, rash, weight loss. and they never told me its mono. do you know why a skin rash wouldnt go away even with using topical creams the dermatologist gives me? my rash is so weird its on the back of my hands and little bumps by my elbow. i dont believe its eczema because ive never seen a picture like my hands or elbows

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #257323 - 09/07/11 03:02 PM

No matter what other possiblity is given people like you arent going to accept the answer unless it fits into your delusion of hiv. Just for fyi there are hundreds of rashes that fall under eczama because it is a broad dignosis for a skin irrittion that persist.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

#257324 - 09/07/11 04:34 PM

and also, the thing about these list of symptoms, you don't need to have all of them to fit the diagnosis.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body

rustychaucer5968
Fanatic

#257325 - 09/07/11 06:28 PM

theman22,

I thought my folliculities was an HIV rash called eonsinophilic folliculitis. But I went to my skin doctor and she cultured it and found out I have staph bacteria which is causing my folliculities. I tested with a rapid test (blood sample) and It was negative. I also encourage you to ask your doctor for paxil 80mg to manage your anxieties. It is working for me.

I am starting to accept my negative results slowly despite present medical conditions. I know you can do it. Just hang in there. I know I am not as knowledgable as the the rest here in this site but I am telling you what I know and experienced so far.

Take care friend.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4522

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3