Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worried
Unregistered

Risk of infection?
      #2572 - 04/04/00 11:33 PM

Hope somebody can give me some advice. I visited a sex worker recently and had protected intercourse (the condom did not split or break). What I am worried about is that before the condom was put on she rubbed her genitals on mine for a little while but there was no penetration. I also put a finger up her but she didn't feel very wet at all and I had no cuts. I was completely free of STDs before this encounter. Is this a very low risk activity and should I stop worrying? Does anyone know anyone who is hiv+ from this sort of contact? Any advice much appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
advise
Unregistered

Re: Risk of infection? new
      #2573 - 04/04/00 11:34 PM

MY ADVISE IS TO STAY AWAY FROM "SEX WORKERS"

Dude
Unregistered

#2574 - 04/04/00 11:35 PM

From the description, you are either at no risk or very low risk of infection. It's the exchange of body fluids that allows infection, the virus has to get into your blood systems. HIV is actually pretty
difficult to get. It's good sense to use a condom, you did the right thing there. Get tested at 3 and 6 months. Here's one bad point. You could get herpes from her rubbing her vagina on your penis. See you doctor if you have STD systems. Best wishes
Hope somebody can give me some advice. I visited a sex worker recently and had protected intercourse (the condom did not split or break). What I am worried about is that before the condom was put on she rubbed her genitals on mine for a little while but there was no penetration. I also put a finger up her but she didn't feel very wet at all and I had no cuts. I was completely free of STDs before this encounter. Is this a very low risk activity and should I stop worrying? Does anyone know anyone who is hiv+ from this sort of contact? Any advice much appreciated

worried
Unregistered

#2575 - 04/04/00 11:35 PM

Thank you for that helpful reply. It's now been nearly two months and I've no std symptoms. That was my only ever risky encounter at all, and it will be my last. I'm terrified about getting tested - I don't think I'll be able to go through with it. I'm in the UK and over here I don't think there is anonymous testing available which puts me off.
I keep telling myself, hey, you used a comdom so you're ok but there's always that nagging doubt.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2576 - 04/04/00 11:35 PM

By the way, since you live in the UK, what is the window period over there. Ive seen that in a lot of countries in Europe, like France, they say the window period is 3 months. What do you know about?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2144

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3