Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worried123

Reged: 07/08/11
almost all symptoms. scared to death
      #256488 - 07/08/11 12:52 PM

hi... i seriously need help. all i do is search on the internet and cry everyday. Heres my story. Im a 19 year old girl who lives in the US. i had unprotected sex with a 25 year old male in april. which was a one night stand. Dont know his hiv status. while we had sex i was on my period which i heard will increase your chances. Around five days later i started to get the "cold/flu like symtoms". Lots of fatigue and shotness of breath. I had the swollen lymph noid underneath my neck and left arm pit. i had a fever but only for around two hours then went away. i never experienced the rash. I dont really believe i had a sore throat. 2 weeks later i was given antibiotics and everything went away. After a month i experienced the diarrhea and lost 8 pounds (from stress i believe) got the GAD i hope for the last two symptoms. It is now 2 1/2 months and i am experiencing burning in corners of mouth and diarrhea. I am away for a 2 weeks and wont get my results till then.

Any reassuring words? Harsh Advice?
I basically already came to the conclusion that i have it, im just really hoping for something. Anything to help me out right now. The anxiety is killing me....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: almost all symptoms. scared to death new
      #256490 - 07/08/11 02:46 PM

hmmmm you seem to have more symptoms in a couple of months than I've experience in almost 16 years. What's that tell ya?

Symptoms mean nothing in terms of HIV infection and the ones that are sometimes experienced with acute retroviral syndrome are just that....acute. Go look up the word.

You had unprotected sex, that's a risk. In the great scheme of things the odds are certainly in your favor that you are still HIV negative. Test at 3 months for a conclusive result.

worried123

Reged: 07/08/11
Re: almost all symptoms. scared to death new
      #256493 - 07/08/11 04:41 PM

Alright.. thank you. You have given me a glimpse of hope. I just never have had this reaction before.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1653

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3