Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
vickjan18

Reged: 07/04/11
I feel terrible, I need help..please!
      #256418 - 07/05/11 12:05 AM

Hi, I'm jan and I have 20 years, 3 weeks ago I had sex with a guy I met online when we were in the sexual act the condom broke and we realized later and he had already ejaculated into my anus .

after that I did not feel right and I have many symptoms after 6 days I started to dizziness, do not know if it was for anxiety, maybe , then at the 9 days I get irritated throat and spend the lasts two days without sleep .. and that gave me a nervous breakdown and panic ..so I went to see the doctor urgently and I had high blood pressure by the panic attack, I was prescribed pills to calm my nerves and they do a HIV and was negative and he told me to come back in 1 month .. but now every day I go to the doctor because I am always find symptoms ..

at 14 days groin started to hurt and I had burning and sores on my tongue, I went to the doctor and he said I did not have swollen glands in the groin and my tongue was fine, do not understand why the burning in my tongue?

I decided to go to another doctor after two weeks and they did the ELISA and West bllod and came out negative ..

Now after 3 weeks I started to have pain in the upper back .. I have them still, and all the other symptoms I had before are gone ..

doctors sent me to a psychologist because I have a lot of anxiety and stress because of this.

well I want to know if these symptoms are from HIV or may be anxiety, I feel terrible .. how long the symptoms last in the firts weeks of being infected?

sorry for my english!..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ivan88

Reged: 06/27/11
Re: I feel terrible, I need help..please! new
      #256426 - 07/05/11 04:31 PM

Hello Jan,

First of all, let me tell you to take you nerves under control, MEDITATE, and don't make the mistake I've made(Sitting at home, walk and walk).

Second read this(I'm in situation alike yours) and I think my story of dealing with 3 month wait period will help you too.
http://www.thebody.com/cgi-bin/bbs/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=infected&Number=256332

The tongue problem pretty much can be caused because of anxiety, you can even have mouth totally dried out that will make your throat dry out and make your tongue and throat feel burning.

Back pain can be caused because of posture that anxiety causes, personally 1-2 weeks when I had the greatest anxiety attack in my life I was sitting in same posture in for of ? and that finally made my back hurt, so postural problems caused by anxiety and depression can lead to back pain.

And what's most import try the bring your mind out of cycle of thinking, "why why why, it could be different why it happened this way".

And yes anxiety can cause many strange effects/feelings, and there's one funny thing also, that while you are anxious you regconise some feelings in your body that always were there but you never drew attention to them.

P.S. I would suggest to ask Dr. Frascino on "Ask and expert section" he's the strongest person I've ever seen, who is HIV+

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/index.html

P.P.S. MEDITATE I recommend it the most! It really helps.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #256427 - 07/05/11 04:36 PM

hello jan, the best thing you can do is try to calm down. yes, your risk/exposure was significant, but it's out of your control now. it's still too soon to tell, so try to relax and stay optimistic as you wait out the 12 week window period. the stress and panic may actually exacerbate your symptoms, and you don't want that! if you get a negative test result at week 4 and week 6, this will be very encouraging as most people develop HIV antibodies by then. good luck!

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

vickjan18

#256438 - 07/06/11 12:07 AM

hi ivan, I read your story and I liked the way you're taking things now, but for me it is very difficult because I am very sensitive ..

I also did the test for other STDs and everything came out negative, that's a relief..but now I have to wait for the worst of all tests, HIV

please tell me your results when you do it ..I hope everything goes well for us

vickjan18

#256440 - 07/06/11 12:14 AM

Quote:

hello jan, the best thing you can do is try to calm down. yes, your risk/exposure was significant, but it's out of your control now. it's still too soon to tell, so try to relax and stay optimistic as you wait out the 12 week window period. the stress and panic may actually exacerbate your symptoms, and you don't want that! if you get a negative test result at week 4 and week 6, this will be very encouraging as most people develop HIV antibodies by then. good luck!

thanks for your words, I will be tested on the fifth week

Ivan88

Reged: 06/27/11
      #256467 - 07/07/11 06:05 AM

Good for you(test for other STDs and everything came out negative)!!!

Sure I'll tell my status when will do the test .

As for burning tongue, it much like was caused by anxiety .

Let's hope the best

vickjan18

#256611 - 07/19/11 09:20 PM

hi guys, today I did the test again at 5 weeks and 3 days from the risk ..

My doctor told me that she is 80% sure that I dont have HIV because most people at Week 5 already show antibodies, and that another test would confirm that in 2 months ..

I already feel a little better!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2317

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3