Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worriedguy123

Reged: 07/04/11
exceedingly worried
      #256417 - 07/04/11 10:51 PM

Now I had a possible exposure to HIV on 18th July 2011. It has been almost 2 weeks since then and I have not been able to remove the fear of contracting hiv since then. I had protected sex with a prostitute I met at a local club in Portugal. Now because we had protected sex and the condom seemed intact, I doubt the risk is high for that act. However after having vaginal sex, the prostitute removed the condom with her hand and later gave me a blow-job. I am worried as to whether the vaginal fluids would have come into contact with her hands and transmitted to me through this act. I am not sure of the prostitute's HIV status. Another thing was about the window period, when a lot of websites say that about 50% of people will get accurate results from HIV tests after 3 weeks, is it true? In general if someone has past experience about testing positive this soon. Thanks a lot.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: exceedingly worried new
      #256425 - 07/05/11 04:25 PM

i'm sure you meant to say June 18th, seeing as how it's only the beginning of July. in any case, vaginal sex with a condom is not a risk. your lady friend somehow transmitting HIV from residual vaginal fluid on her hand to your penis is farfetched and also not a risk. insertive unprotected oral sex is considered an extremely, extremely low risk of HIV. but I would not worry about it since the per-risk estimate is 0.5 out of 10,000 exposures. most people test positive by week 4 or 6, but overall your risk was extremely low and you do not need to worry.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 986

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3