Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
troubledguy

Reged: 05/25/11
acute period working like clockwork? strange days.
      #256111 - 06/09/11 12:19 PM

I have never thought i would go thru something like this in my life.

17 april my potential risky one time exposure -
19 april burning / tingling sensation when i peed -
21 april a strap infected cyst forming on my left chest -
24 april skin infection on left chest becoming very swollen and painful -
28 april dermatologist cleans up the poss, infection
28 april same day urelogist gives me 10 day prescription for possible infection for my burning sensation and having to feel like I need to urinate a lot than usual

30 april both urination and cyst (independent frm each others doctors suggested at the time) going away after meds

1 may - 10 may occasions of diarrhea and pain on left testicle
12 may urology doctor suggest i have a small cyst on my left testicle just tells me to watch my nutrition
13 may sudden jetlag feel - almost feel hammered after i got
up from a good night sleep, sun during the day bothers me
14 may - 16 may extreme tiredness during
the day, spent whole weekend in the bed but cant figure out whats wrong?
16 may - took all std tests again with hiv antibody and 1 week pcr hiv naat test that said it could detect hiv in blood from an exposure as early as 1 week prior
17 may - 25 may :: almost all hell broke on my body starting first night of swollen underarms glands (specially right side)
+ night cold sweats few times - with rewiring feel - cold flu like symptoms increasing + bladder left side abs pain continuing from 17th to 5th june + no pain urination but white painless discharge after I urinate time to time + physically impossible to do anything during the day - specially if its sunny and hot, hammered - punched in the head feel like tiredness no matter how much I slept - acid reflux 3-4 times after a meal no vomitting but few time feeling dizzy specially when standing up after laying down
27 may :: hiv and all std results comes out negative?? hoping some of these problems were anxiety related..
28 may - 4 june :: tiredness lower in the mornings but continues specially midday - bladder pain persistent - underarm swollen glands comesback to normal - very dry inside mouth, wound like feel without too much in the mouth for the first time this week - little soar throat feel on the left back of my throat with a gland tender feel, mouth dryness goes away a little during meals + white discharge after urination and left side testicle groin pain i sensed few occasions + muscle pain on inside forearms and back of my butt specially walking arnd during the day + sun continues to make me little dizzy during midday and feel hammered + soft stool time to time
:: 7 june morning wake up all of a sudden tiredness almost gone little stomach pain but almost everything back to normal except dry mouth - tongue feeling dry - 25th day from since first tiredness and underarm glands first swollen

----is my Acute HIV going so clockwork that is almost by itself more scary??

((also flaky skin at times under the sun specially between dates may 26th - june 4th.))

Different people suggested different things - I m extremely confused since things didnt go away after negative results hoping most of this was stress and anxiety -- I guess not?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: acute period working like clockwork - strange days new
      #256115 - 06/09/11 05:13 PM

So I fail to see what is working like clockwork. ARS shows up between 2 and 4 weeks, not 2 days. Symptoms of ARS descend upon a person at once and are gone within a week or so.

Nothing you describe is ANYTHING like ARS. Certainly nothing like I went through.

Get it out of your head that any of this was ARS cause it just doesn't measure up.

Get tested at 3 months, but based on what you have describe I'd see your doctor toot sweet to find out what your REAL problem is.

troubledguy

#256116 - 06/09/11 05:35 PM

thank you for the post crabman
I appreciate you taking time to read, and then on top of that reply.

I think the initial infected strap on chest, is an independent thing even if I am positive or negative.

my real scare was the period from 14th may and on, which corresponds to about 25 days from the risky exposure.
and then from that on the symptoms lasting with lymph nodes swollen for about that lasted 15-20 days with other small problems still remaining.

you are right, it can be something else. who knows time will tell, I just feel better when I write my recollection of what I am going through, rather than just keeping it to myself.

thank you again,
time will tell, the recent mouth dryness and tongue discomfort is also bothering me last 1 week or so. it hasn't gone away. no matter how many times I brush my teeth daily.

I am trying to be logical, everything in life is for us,

what kind of doctor should I see based on these symptoms, I already saw urologist / dermatologist they weren't able to do anything. and without insurance in this country its been very difficult, I feel like if I invest on another doctor visit / tests before my 3 month test, it should be someone with right approach to these symptoms.

troubledguy

#256955 - 08/13/11 05:08 AM

I just wanna say, thank you everyone who read / responded...

I am coming out negative after about 3.5 months, PCR blood test also came out negative after 4 weeks and after 10 weeks of risky exposure, and now after 3.5 months antibody test is still negative.

so me & my doctors are officially not questioning HIV possibility.

They said it is almost too rare to have all these problems, and come out negative this long.

Thank you,

They are looking at other things now, as other problems occured like extreme numbness arms and fingers...

But as of last 2-3 weeks I feel much better. about 90% of my problems are gone by itself.

May everyone get the help they need for their health problems, thats the most important thing in life.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1618

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3