Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
eyesdown

Reged: 06/05/11
Loc: uk
am i infected or can anxiety create symptoms?
      #256062 - 06/06/11 10:10 AM

hello all,

I didnt have penetrative sex with the lady i met but, she seemed a decent enough professional person, ( i dont mean sex worker) she played with her vagina and rubbed her wet finger very hard into the end of my penis and anus with her juices before i knew what was happening. i have been told im at very small risk of std's

symptoms: hot flushes after food, after 5 days (no night sweat) hot inner thighs both sides and flakey penis, scrotum bright red. one gland in neck a bit swelled up. banging headache for a day.
im sure or hoping this is anxiety overdrive syndrome! booked for hiv test next week. thank you all.

Edited by eyesdown (06/06/11 10:28 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: am i infected or can anxiety create symptoms? new
      #256064 - 06/06/11 11:20 AM

Simple answer anxiety.

I've sweated after eating meals especially warm meals on hot days all my life. Think of your body as an engine, when you aren't feeding it gas it's cool when you start stomping on the gas pedal it gets hot. You body does the same thing, it warms up a little after you eat, because of the chemical process of changing food to energy. You could also be allergic to something you are eating and the beginning signs may be sweating. I have an allergy to eggs, when I was young I could eat them, as I got older every time I had an egg or something with eggs I had an allergic reaction until now where I can't have them at all. But it started off with just sort of a cold sweat after eating and got progressively worse with exposure and age.

Now I am not 100% sure but I suggest you see a doctor about you "flakes" it could be caused by the same fungus that causes athletes foot but when its in that area its called Jock itch. Keep the area dry and see a doctor they can prescribe an ointment that will cure it rather quickly. Don't use OTC stuff.

eyesdown

#256065 - 06/06/11 11:29 AM

Thanks kicker,

I really hope against the odds its anxiety.....it was almost as if she was trying deliberately to infect me.

I keep telling myself a woman in her position would do such a thing.

I know the mind can be the most powerful thing, and once you get something in your head your mind can make anything happen and could give the symptom of something altogether worse.

thank you for replying

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #256066 - 06/06/11 11:34 AM

Against what odds? The odds are so heavily in your favor of not being infected with HIV that you have better odds of being hit by lightning or a 747 in your living room while watching the evening news and eating a banana. (This going by what you say your risk was.)

Your symptoms you describe around your happy zone are more like Jock itch than anything.
Itching in groin, thigh skin folds, or anus

Red, raised, scaly patches that may blister and ooze -- The patches often have sharply-defined edges and are often redder around the outside with normal skin tone in the center

Abnormally dark or light skin

eyesdown

#256073 - 06/06/11 12:21 PM

Thanks kicker,

I have been told my odds are 0.09%.

Im in my 40's and have only had 4 sexual partners.

I have hiv test everytime i meet with a new partner and wait before having any sexual relationship.

So im 101% sure i was / am hiv neg.

The way she did what she did was so deliberate and so mechanical almost.

I have asked her if she is hiv+ and she said no.

Its a funny old world.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #256074 - 06/06/11 12:42 PM

rubbing the outside of your penis and anus with her wet finger is not a risk for HIV. even if she inserted into your anus, it's not a risk. HIV does not survive long outside the body. you do not have to worry about HIV.

you only need to worry about unprotected sex and/or sharing needles. also, even though you do not need an HIV test, the test you're taking this week won't mean much since the window period is 12 weeks post exposure. still, you do not need to test and were not at risk for HIV.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

bricktop

Reged: 06/08/11
      #256106 - 06/08/11 06:35 PM

I feel the same way as you, I know my risk is extremely low as I had protected vaginal and recieved oral yet my mind continues to play tricks on me. Obviously I will feel better when I get that negative test but I have 2 1/2 months to go so it's going to be a long wait but this board had eased my mind quite a bit over the last few days.

eyesdown

#256207 - 06/15/11 03:18 PM

Hi guys, neg 4th gen duo test result on monday.

Hopefully all clear, have another test in 8 weeks.

Will keep you all posted, thanks for your support and help

for now i have some sleep to catch up with

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6337

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3