Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
jsw1

Reged: 06/05/11
Hiv Anxiety or Hiv
      #256051 - 06/05/11 02:05 PM

My story is I had (one time) unprotected vaginal sex with a married women 5 years ago, whom I've known all my life. Least to say I feel horrible about the whole incident. I also was diagnosed with anxiety disorder in 2000. The only symptoms I've had is a sore throat last year which lasted 2-3 days, a cold in Feb. and weight fluctuations, since 05-06 which could be the case of working out 5-6 days, playing hockey 2 days a week and dieting and taking work out stimulants the last 2-3 yrs. The worry is my wife last year got a yeast infection after a tri-atholon and got a cold and sinus infection this year and got a slightly low blood platlet reading, which they say is possibly due to the tylenol pm and 800 ibprophen she takes; All my blood work came back great a year ago white and red blood cells, platlets and liver reading. I have not been tested i don't know where to begin or who to turn to or talk to. I feel as though I cannot trust anyone, even my family. I would love some guidance. I was thinking of a home test but I can't seem to find them in my area and wiould not want to send away for one in the mail. I think about this all the time and it seems alcohol only fades the pain.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: Hiv Anxiety or Hiv new
      #256075 - 06/06/11 12:50 PM

five years is a long time to wait to get an HIV test. i know you have an anxiety disorder, but you can easily find a place that offers rapid testing near you, and get your results in 20 minutes. as for statistics, according to CDC per-act risk estimates, unprotected insertive penile-vaginal intercourse HIV risk is 5 out of 10,000 exposures. and that's with person of known status. and since the woman you slept with five years ago might not have even been positive, the odds are extremely in your favor. just get tested and get it off your mind. good luck!

here is some info on testing.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1626

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3