Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Kate808

Reged: 06/02/11
Lupus and HIV testing
      #256028 - 06/03/11 06:50 PM

Today the doctor diagnosed me with lupus. Would lupus delay antibody production or cause false negatives?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: Lupus and HIV testing new
      #256032 - 06/03/11 10:11 PM

No, but your diagnosis probably explains your symptoms. Glad you found out what your health issue is and now can move forward. Good luck to you in the future.

Here's a link to a Lupus support forum

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lupus-discussions

Kate808

#256041 - 06/04/11 04:36 PM

My son and my boyfriend I possibly infected are sick still. Losing weight and possible pneumonia....these are signs of aids but my tests keep coming back negative. What could be happening??

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #256043 - 06/04/11 06:06 PM

I'd love to know where you are getting your information from. Lupus is an overactive immune response that attacks otherwise healthy cells and tissue. HIV causes the immune system NOT to respond and fail. They go in opposite directions.

Possible pneumonia does not equal AIDS. Nor does Pneumonia in general. There is a very specific pneumonia called Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) that is considered an AIDS defining illness. And a histopathologic demonstration is needed to confirm PCP which means they need a piece of tissue to examine to confirm PCP.

Now if you are willing to listen to reason here is what I think is going on and you can ask your doctor if I am even remotely correct ( which I believe I am)

You just had a baby, and you had an extramarital affair which means that things weren't going well to begin with. Plus all this time you have had lupus. I would say postnatal depression which has exacerbated the GUILT and lupus.

Plus if you are on meds for your lupus you probably are on prednisone which can make matters worse in the mental department. Babies get sick, boyfriends get sick, people get sick, liking their illness to AIDS is like trying to liken ice cream to Brussels sprouts just isn't going to happen till Ben & Jerry say so especially with the negative tests and the recent exposure risk.

I am also going out on the limb here but no where in your posts do you say your bf has tested or even been told for that matter, which leads me to the above idea is a very sound one.

Also being your encounter was in December and you have tested out past the standard window you can rule out HIV. ARS would have already happened and passed and then there wouldn't be any more symptoms for years.

I would love to know what your doctor(s) have to say about all this.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #256044 - 06/04/11 07:40 PM

Girlfriend you are a case. No wonder you got timed out from Aidsmeds. Get over it.

You don't have HIV and you didn't give it to your kid or boyfriend. Go deal with your mental health issues elsewhere they are not any of our problem.

Peace OUT.

Kate808

#256067 - 06/06/11 11:45 AM

I am not on any medications yet for lupus. They recently found it in my bloodwork...my boyfriend is going for testing today and has tested negative with the oral rapid tests but we want a blood test done... I fear it will show up on his test because he does not have lupus.... I requested testing for my son but they won't do it because I haven't tested positive so far. This whole thing is a nightmare.... So your positive there is no way I'm not positive but showing up negative because of the lupus??

kicker

#256068 - 06/06/11 11:59 AM

I am positive that you are not positive. What excuse would you have us believe for your bf having a negative result even though you swear your lupus is hampering the test results? (even though your lupus is not hampering the test results) Being lupus is genetic you can't give him lupus, so that excuse is out the window. You had sex with him, so what you got he has to have by your logic. So if he tests negative and you test negative well then its NEGATIVE. HIV doesn't just magically appear. And just FYI you have a better chance of getting a false positive than you do a false negative on any of the tests used for HIV.

Kate808

#256072 - 06/06/11 12:20 PM

The ANA test I tested positive for can also cause false positives due to HIV.... That's what has me worried that I may have hiv and maybe not even have lupus...

kicker

#256076 - 06/06/11 12:57 PM

So can certain medications, mononucleosis, hepatitis C virus infection, subacute bacterial endocarditis, tuberculosis, and lymphoproliferative diseases. Why aren't you worried about those?

Simple fact of the matter is this. You had a sexual encounter. Sex doesn't mean instant HIV infection.

You CAN catch HIV from sexual intercourse, NOT you WILL catch HIV from sexual intercourse. Notice the wording can = a possible result where will = a definite result. Get the "will" out of your head. You only had the "can" exposure.

Your rants on the fact that you are infected only go to prove how naive/ignorant you are to anything that has been told to you. You deny the proof that is sitting in front of you that you are negative yet still insist that you have infected everyone you hold dear even though they have received the same negative results. Your lupus results won't hinder an antibody test, you have tested outside the window period for infection to occur, your bf has tested negative.

WHAT pray tell will convince you that you are negative?

Some stranger on a online site telling you your negative...nope tried that didn't work, some doctor telling you your negative....nope tried that didn't work, taking repeated tests...nope that didn't work. Why not ask a palm reader while you are at it? I mean really, if it's not just anxiety and depression at this point causing you to believe against ALL ODDS that you are negative then I don't know.

But here is what I do know, your obsessing, unreasonable and irrational, plus you refuse to listen to anyone even tests that have no reason to lie. If that doesn't scream a mental problem I don't know what does.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #256079 - 06/06/11 05:14 PM

as stated before, you do not have HIV. if you have been diagnosed with lupus, that is very serious and you need to focus your attention on that. HIV is not your problem. you were not infected. your child and boyfriend were not infected. you need to move on and deal with your actual diagnosis of lupus. good luck to you.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Kate808

#256081 - 06/06/11 05:50 PM

I just want to know what is causing the symptoms in my son and boyfriend. My boyfriend tested negative today using the uni gold rapid test.... My son is yet to be testing except for once using a rapid HIV -1 test negative. I just feel it's not showing up... If my son had HIV for 6 months w/o treatment do far would he be very sick right now?? He is 2

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #256082 - 06/06/11 06:28 PM

yes, i understand you just want to know what is causing your family's symptoms. whatever it is, it's not HIV. you all tested negative. it is irrational for you to feel like it's not showing up. it would if you were positive! you are not!

stop looking for HIV and deal with your lupus now. take your son to the pediatrician if he is sick. it could just be a cold or flu. for the last time, it's not HIV!

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8962

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3