Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
GreatEscape

Reged: 05/29/11
Risk assessment + ARS + 4 week test
      #255908 - 05/29/11 05:19 AM

Here's my story:

Because of some persistent diarrhea, I had myself tested FOUR WEEKS after my LAST possible exposure to the virus (oral receptive for about two minutes, no ejaculation, presence precum unknown, insertive partner's status unknown) using SD BIOLINE HIV 1/2 RAPID TEST. Results came out negative, but the health counsellor told me to go back during the three- and six-month mark for conclusive results.

So I went to see a gastrologist to ask about my diarrhea, and he told me that it might just be some infection. I took some meds and he asked me to take CBC and fecalysis. Results came out normal.

On the fifth and sixth week since the exposure, however, I've been having episodic pains in my knees and fingers and muscle twitching (esp. in the thigh area). I've been having sleepless nights because of this and I keep waking up early in the morning because of irregular bowel movement. I've also experienced 2-3 counts of night sweats.

I'm not completely sure whether this is due to anxiety, fatigue or stress thinking about how uncertain my status is, but I'm extremely worried. I've been in emotional distress over this. How risky was the oral sex I engaged in? Is there a chance that the symptoms I mentioned are psychosomatic or are they ARS-related? Is rapid testing after four weeks reliable? What is the likelihood of a 4TH WEEK negative result to change into positive?

Any opinion would be of great help right now. Thank you so much!

PS.
I don't know if this will help evaluate my risk, but my sex life only revolves mostly around mutual masturbation and occasional oral sex. I've only had two counts of brief, protected anal sex and one brief, unprotected anal sex (just because I hate it). I've never engaged with multiple partners.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Risk assessment + ARS + 4 week test new
      #255913 - 05/29/11 10:29 AM

VERY VERY LITTLE risk of HIV. Changes in diet, exercise, amount of fluid intake, pathogen such as a germ or even a parasite, lack of good bacteria (especially since you probably took antibiotics) in the stomach and intestines, IBS, stress, heat, caffeine, Mexican food, etc, etc all causes of loose stools.

Exhaust all other possibilities first before looking at HIV and you will find the cause or it may go unexplained. But I don't believe given your recall of events, HIV is to blame at all and you will test negative.

Also night sweats is an extreme amount of sweating, where you would have to change the sheets and you would swear you pissed yourself with a fire hose in the morning. It is not uncommon to sweat a little like you went for a run when you have a cold.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1349

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3