Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV Symptoms
      #25571 - 12/14/01 07:16 PM

Fever 95%
adenopathy 74%
pharyngitis 70%
rash 70%
myalgias 54%
Diarrhea 32%
Nausea 21%
hepatosplenomegaly 14%
weight loss 13%
Thrush 12%

50-90% of people who are infected have these ARS symptoms.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: HIV Symptoms new
      #25573 - 12/14/01 07:50 PM

Don't forget. Those same symptoms are symptoms for a lot of different illnesses. ARS symptoms are non-specific.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25574 - 12/14/01 07:56 PM

How long do symptoms last for. I have had a couple that have lasted for over 9 weeks!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25575 - 12/14/01 08:49 PM

My understanding is that the "ARS" symptoms vary from person to person. For some, they will go away after about a week or two, except perhaps the "adenopathy" (swollen lymph nodes) which can either stay swollen, or gradually go back down.

However, some people can have symptoms that last a month, while others might not get any noticeable symptoms at all.

Symptoms generally start within the first few weeks after infection, usually within a month or so. The symptoms do not mean anything in terms of diagnosis, becuase there are many other viruses and illnesses which present the exact same type of symptoms. Mono, Herpes, and the Flu are just a few of the many others that can cause the same symptoms. You have to get tested to know for sure, even a doctor can't diagnose based on symptoms alone.

INFECTED
Unregistered

#25577 - 12/14/01 09:20 PM

I've had 8/10...They all started 3 weeks after exposure...and some like the swollen nodes have stayed.

jackass
Unregistered

#25590 - 12/15/01 07:04 AM

:( I have mild pharyngitis for nearly 1 month.. it started 5 days after possible exposure.. but it's very strange.. I have it 2 days than it stops.. and then I go to school and come back it comes again (it's winter here and it's very cold..) disturbs my throath for 5 days then weekend comes and I don't go out.. and it stops again.. then I go to school again..and it starts.. this is happening for 1 month and I have mild sore throath right now .I think I'm having chronic pharyngitis.. I hadn't any symptoms except this.. I mean most people have loss of apettite but I gained 4 kilograms.. I gained weight.. also no white things in the mouth (candidiasis) , no fever, no dripping nose, no muscle aches,no swollen glands, no diarrhea (hey I'm suffering from constipation .. can this be ARS?)

actually despite I hadn't any symptom except pharyngitis I am very worried right now..

good luck everyone..

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1733

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3