Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

BOTTOM LINE
      #25553 - 12/14/01 02:30 PM

If you aren't a "bottom" male (or female) who has had unsafe receptive anal intercourse with a risky partner, or an IV drug user who has shared needles with a risky partner, your chances of contracting HIV from a one time exposure are EXTREMELY remote. this virus needs an air-tight environmenet to transmit - that's just the way it works. Also, if you're on this site, you're probably not that much of a risk taker - I have NEVER seen a worried well on here go on to test positive - NEVER!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: BOTTOM LINE new
      #25560 - 12/14/01 04:15 PM

You forgot to include vaginal sex, and receptive oral sex. Getting fluids down you throat whcih is a mucous membrane is not very wise. Not receivng fliuds there is little risk. But info that it's just anal sex that carries a high risk, is dangerous to tell people.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25569 - 12/14/01 07:04 PM

Show me the data to support your theory that a one time episode of oral sex is high risk. Or, a one time epesode of vaginal sex for that matter. Sure, if you're a female and having regular unprotected intercourse with an HIV+ male, you are at risk - I'm just talking about levels of risk. Again, the facts speak for themselves - no one who comes to this site has ever tested positive (while worrying about their status, that is).

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25587 - 12/15/01 03:21 AM

Are you crazy? There are plenty of cases, documented I may add, of women becoming positive after one exposure.

There was a study done in San Fran with the Dept of Health last year where 8% of new cases were from oral sex.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25589 - 12/15/01 04:10 AM

That study has not carried much weight in the medical community. And from a one time exposure - give me one frickin' case ..... no way!!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1755

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3