Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

infectious?
      #25544 - 12/14/01 12:42 PM

I was washing some clothes(not mine!)that had been soiled with a substantial amount of blood manually and these clothes had been rinsed of the blood and soaking in bleach in water for a few hours already. My concern is that as I was draining the water away, I felt a drop in my eye. I am afraid that what since the clothes had been soiled with infected blood, wouldn't the water be contaminated with this infectious blood and then it went into my eye? Would this lead to HIV infection? I know the virus is dead when dry, but blood in water wouldn't have an chance to dry, so will HIV still remain viable in this case? The water had bleach, so hopefully the virus was killed off, but there wasn't very much bleach in it in the first place, just a small capful. Please help, I am losing sleep over this as just 3 days after the incident, I came down with fatigue and nasal drip. I live in a place where it isn't winter here so I don't think it was a cold. Could this be ARS? I am really anxious as I think am I infected. This is no joke. Please help ASAP!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: infectious? new
      #25547 - 12/14/01 01:07 PM

The virus does not live long outside it's environment. Water and bleach are certainly not it's environment. You will not get infected from that. I'd be more worried about the bleach in my eye.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1045

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3